Friday, March 28, 2014

Teacher's delight

Today I met an ex-English teacher on FB and happy to make some conversation. She chats me whether I still recognize her or not. It wasn't long time I attend her tuition class during my college time. She is a freelance English teacher and not teaching at any govt school or colleges or varsities. Through the introduction of my classmate, I heard about her tuition and attended for a semester if I am not wrong. Other than a few month classes, I also studies some phonetic from her summer class. I remember that she is a good English teacher and made our difficulties on the subject easier. As I have good relationship with my college English teacher, my decision to attend her class wasn't come easy. I asked myself not to take any outside tuition to reinforce my study while I was studying in govt technological college. Partly right to say that I can't afford expensive tuition fees and save some hard earn money provided by my govt servant sisters.

I graduated from that college on 2004 and my life goes on as time gone. Unexpectedly I met her invitation in my FB wall today. As usual I check her profile if she is from military lobby or not before I can accept anybody's invitation. After satisfying with the facts, I accepted her and she questioned me if I still recognize her. I felt sound quite friendly and again I access her profile page and try to recall memory. As her occupation is English teacher and live in Kyaukse' township, the clues help me remember my ex-teacher and replied her question correctly. Afternoon, she rise again on FB and chat me to claim she immediately knows me on the first look of my photo at other's FB and straight away invite me. I am surprised by her claim as I know she is a successful teacher at her home town and she might have gone through a lot students in and out. She added that she would remember all outstanding students easily and I am a bit shy by her praise. We have some good conversation afterword and she skip me for beginning her on-going class. She may be my part time teacher for a few months and remember me after decade long is quite honorable to me. 

She is delighted to see me as a successful guy and wonder if I deserve her praise. I can understand the feeling of my fellow countrymen partly if it is not for whole. Our people back home easily think that those who can work abroad are lucky and earn a lot money and have a happy and successful life. They may not know the difficulties of our life outside homeland properly. I however have to admit that our life is still more comfortable then our peers back home. Thanks my dear teacher for remembering me and I wish you all the best success with all your excellent endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment