Monday, March 17, 2014

Refrain from talkative

WHEN I was working in Malaysia, some fellow countrymen arrived to the company without needing them to pay for agent fees. Soon after I arrived the company, the boss one day asked me if I have any friend who want to work in Malaysia. I recommended some and help her meet them during her interview trip in Yangon. Later successful applicants came to company and worked together. As a senior, I needed to teach them both computerized estimation and computer lesson for some who are not familiar with computer. I am naturally happy to help others and please on thinking back for doing so. Later find myself sadden by their conduct which is aggressive manner on me. They always fail to say thanks for helping in their smooth coming to foreign work. I do not want them to say thanks but I expect them not to consult me by saying something  which is not right enough.

I thought it was because Malaysia comers are mostly middle-class education people and I may not find it again if I could go to Singapore. But I realize that since there are people concern, such incident keep happen especially among Burmese people who are not united in general. Most recently, I helped one FB friend to get a job for her friend. He consequently passed interview and start working at our office. He looks come from upper middle-class family unless it is for rich one. Anyhow junior is junior and it can't be changed by occasion. He speaks English at office. He gave the name as English name in office. He wears smart and even looks locals. It is good for Myanmar staff working in the office because Singaporean are brand loving people. He worked as draft while we are working as QS and there is almost no communication between our works. 

At minimum social contact, he started to speak foul play within a month time. One is bearable and second I couldn't. History repeat itself. First I help him and got inappropriate words back. Perhaps he thinks what S'pore has given to him is too easy because his hunting trip is done without difficulty. He might have thought it was his capacity and not any other's help that count. Again, sadden by a person whom I help to print out his CV and pass it to boss for interview. Is it fair to a person who help him. I got lesson not to speak too much to younger guys to avoid any further suffer. At the same time, I tighten myself to refrain from commenting on Facebook in order to avoid adverse feedback. At the end of the day, friends are kidding and nothing to do with angry or abusive words. Perhaps I yet to become a mature man.

No comments:

Post a Comment