Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Exam Karma

TODAY is first day of matriculation exam for 2013/14 academic year in Myanmar. My niece is going to contest in this exam and her parent are busy with necessary assistance to their daughter. This exam is considered the toughest exam so far for our students within domestic and deemed also most important exam that can decide their future. No matter how good or bad before, your exam score would be the gauge for your qualification to admit the university you want. As such, both students and parent try all their best to achieve the result with flying colors.

As a citizen, I also once sit the same exam on the some date back in 1994. I remembered those younger days clearly as I didn't have a chance to sit exam from comfort zone like parent home. I was staying in a monastery of another city which is 400km away from my native village. As a monastery boy, I cannot put daily job aside by citing the exam because the monastery chief is not my relative and I have to go through the life as usual. But I tried my best in the exam and managed to answer all questions within allowable time. But the karma not favor my side and the result went up side down for the funny reason. What's the reason? The government accused of exam question broken out in advance within the state I sit the exam. For that reason, the authority inconsiderately assumed all students who score well are taking advantage from that incident. 

As usual, so many questions are flying over the sky during exam days. It is nothing special for the period the most important exam is holding across the country. Some businessmen make money from selling such artificial fake questions. Some greedy students and their parent would love to buy those questions and take risk. For me, I cannot afford to risk myself by taking only those unsure questions and revision the whole book possible. As a result of the whole year hard work, I could answer all questions and aim for all subject destination. But my future is destroyed by the exam result which come out few months later than usual. I passed my matriculation exam with lowest score, most subject score are fixed at 40/100 which is marginal line to define between pass and fail. What can I do then? Nothing but cry and everything against me and my future was systematically destroyed.

May the best students get an excellent result without suffering from side-effect of system error.

No comments:

Post a Comment