Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Helpless maid

I read one sentence in law lecture that "nothing is legal offence without remedy". Today, one Myanmar maid will be prosecuted for accused murder of her employer. Our embassy takes no responsibility for her legal defense. We're helpless to help her but praying hard. As the case is appear murder for sure, she is facing death penalty if she is convicted by judge. I think the Singapore govt will have to provide a lawyer for her if there is no appointed lawyer to represent her.

Human is err and every one of us can commit any offence when the tempo is high. It is difficult to control our mind when our suffers accumulate to unbearable level. For sure, killing a person by knife is not an easy task without having revenge in mind. We got to find out the story behind that motivate her. Otherwise, there won't be justice for accuse. As republic is famous in the rule of law, I wish she'll pull favorable verdict other than death. But I doubt as the victim is Singaporean and our embassy officials chose not to express their concern to save its citizen life just like their counterpart from Indonesia did. I am excited to read the verdict by today and hope my wish will come true for my countrywoman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment