Friday, November 13, 2009

We are victims of poverty.


IS POVERTY good enough to deserve accusation by our superiors? I was really suffer from that kind during my working time in Malaysia. There is a Myanmar proverb to highlight that matter "you would be easily accused unless you are rich." Being educated man and working in the developing country, I didn't expect such a kind of manner and behavior to us. It really make my mind wounds and find it hard to delete permanently from my memory. Here are one of many to share with you how bad the people are in this planet....

One calendar day, our office Indian draft man lost his ring at the office. According to him, he take out it and put on the basin counter before he wash his hand. After that he forgot to bring back and it had been disappeared when he go back the counter on the following day. He informed HR manager who is sister of lady boss and she asked her assistant to tell all Myanmar workers to meet her at the meeting room. At that time only 3 Myanmar workers are working at the engineering department level. As I told in previous post, she is lawyer graduate from UK and she was so angry to learn that kind of matter happened in office premise. As soon as she came in meeting room, she loudly talk to us:

HR: today mulary inform me that his ring had been lost in the office. Have anybody of you found it ?
us: seeing each other and no respond.
HR: hey I am asking you all, answer me quickly
us: I didn't find it, madam (we all answer at d same time)
HR: the fact is I never experienced before such a case until Myanmar workers getting office
us: motionless and breathless, no respond to her comment
HR: I ask you peacefully and you all better say truth before I call to police.
us: We don't take really madam
HR: alright, put your wallets on the table right now.
us: we all follow her instruction by putting our wallet on d table
HR: she checked each wallet thoroughly

Unfortunately one of wallets has a lot money inside that lead her suspection.

HR: why do you have a lot money? (seeing with suspect to wallet owner)
he: It's mine and I keep them for my expense lah.
HR: where did u get such amount of money?
he: from my wages and some I got from my friend who is making business here.
HR: I don't believe in you, give me your friend number.
he: why do I need to give you my friend's no?
HR: If you refuse to give me, I have to call police and send you jail.
he: I don't care anybody as long as I am honest.
HR: this is my order,, give it to me RIGHT NOW,,,she shouted him
we: we suggested him to give no to avoid unwanted matters and he follow our advice.

HR call to Burmese traitor who is working at the restaurant nearby office and he immediately came in office to help in what HR manager needs.

HR: help me call and ask this no please.
traitor: alright madam, what you want me to ask him?
HR: I want to know clearly if this fellow lend some money/ support financial thing to this guy.
traitor: alright madam, I'll do it exactly. He call the number and other side answer:
outsider: hello
traitor: hi bro, sorry I am friend of your friend(xxxxx), and calling for some question.
outsder: for what purpose?
traitor: we have a problem with losing some property in the office.
outsider: how does it related to my friend?
traitor: our HR manager suspect him involving in this case, bro.

Meanwhile HR manager urged traitor to make it quickly and asked what're u talking about so much now. Because they speak with Myanmar language.

traitor: yes madam
traitor: hello brother, i just want to know if you lend some money to your friend in Malaysia?
outsider: what a bloody hell are you? It's non of your business. I can't tell you that
traitor: please bro, otherwise your friend would fall in trouble
outsider: I don't care, I don't know who you are exactly and I can't anwer your question, OK
traitor: hmmmm
outsider: hang down his hand phone and power off
traitor: sorry madam, he's not willing to entertain my questions.
HR: alright I'll give you two days chance to think and still refuse to say truth, I'll transfer you to police station.
he: my answer would be constant,,,whatever you do, I don't care (he's so angry to be accused)
HR: Ok see how what'll happening in this case,,,get back work now.
we: thanks madam

Next day draftsman found his ring from his home and the case is closed without notify to us nor any apologize for false accusation. What a stupid and foolishness? But it was really happening to us once upon a time in Malaysia. I'll have to point out our poverty as a cause of this case. Wonder why she (HR) never asked her fellow citizens and other country men who are also working at the office. Only put Myanmar worker on this case is more than obvious they look us down at every angle.

JUSTICE PLEASE TO ALL HUMAN BEING REGARDLESS OF POVERTY......

(To be continued)

2 comments:

  1. I cannot stop angry because of this stupid HR Malaysian lady Manager. What the hell is she. What the stupid country of Malaysia. :(
    I am really angry because the stupid people look down to our golden land people. They really don't know about us. What a stupid and foolishness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes brother, it happened to us really and we were helplessly suffering that. I'ld never recommend my younger generation especially in female fellow citizen to go and work in the country in which the law are not governed if I am asked for suggestion.

    ReplyDelete