Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finally my dream come true

After I sat the BE exam, I went down to Yangon to search a job. Luckily I could able to grab one job at the Pun Hlaing International Hospital (PHIH) Project through my mutual ex-colleague engineer. Despite I just finished engineering degree with reliable local experience, I was appointed as a site QS at PHIH project. But it is my pleasure to work with figures and I became stronger with paper job rather than site job. I passed two interview to get that job and they demand me to draw with autoCAD and speak English to PM. We have few foreigner-staff at PHIH project and it drove me to improve my English by some way. I was happy to work there and I could able to learn a lot new construction experience because that project is constructed by international standard. The developer (SPA Management Myanmar Ltd) has a big ambition on making this business and they expect a lot from investing it. They need to spend a lot money in this project including USD. I gained a lot confident by working in that project as well as good experience.

I had no computer knowledge when I start working in that project and find it hard to prepare report by computer. So it made me learn about computer skill especially in MS excel and words. I was lucky to have a good colleagues around and they taught me whenever I need them. Meanwhile I attended computer and english speaking classes to upgrade my skills. The longer I work there the more confident I gained and my dream of working oversea re-appear at that point. So I made a passport after few mth working there and explore the opportunities via agent. After working for 1 year there, I got a contact for oversea job through agent. I enquired some unclear items and I agreed with agent to make it deal.

I needed to pay agent for 13.5 lakhs for my malaysia job. According to agent, I can earn around 1300RM + OT as a site supervisor. I don't know much about the malaysia company and I paid deposit her. Luckily one guy who was working in that company returned to yangon just before we go to malaysia. So we rush to him and asked about job condition. He explained that it's not easy task and expect to work in the heavy mud site under equator sun without sheltering. I was disappointed to learn that but no choice as I already paid deposit and decided to go anyway. Actually I wanted to go Singapore if possible and now I need to go Malaysia. Agent told us that S'pore only call for general workers and we don't want to do with that post. So we choose malaysia destination with supervisor post. I don't know what we have to do there after getting there.

I was so upsetted after being postponed our departure date for several time after giving full money to agent. So I have a problem to inform my family the right date so that they can send me airport. My family was living in rural area and they can't afford to stay longer in Yangon as they, my sisters, all are govt staff and no extra leaves. So they demand exact date and I was unable to tell it. When I called to agent and asked, she'll give me uncertain date and change date for at least 4 times. I was very angry with their service and at some point I even thought the agent had been cheated me.

Finally I could able to sight myself when the time really come to depart for malaysia. I heard a lot about oversea construction story from my cousin sisters and books but I keep my mind to be optismic. In fact I was a bit nervous when I fly to malaysia for job. On plane, I think a lot about job and hope to get a good one. I pray a lot for a better life and it's amazing to be experience first ever riding plane in life.

I asked myself, DO I HAVE A GOOD LIFE IN MALAYSIA?

No comments:

Post a Comment