Monday, November 9, 2009

Moving to the HQ


MARCH 26, 2005, THE DAY 2, I wake up early and thinking about yesternight ppl telling me. It's awesome to work at the office and all ppl voice out the same that the lady boss (what they call is madam) is so bad and bulliness become her hobby. My dream is to work at office despite I came here with site supervisor post. Currently I am distraught with my survey in which I summarise as follow:
1) work at site and earn more
2) work at office and earn less
I asked myself where do I want to work now? If money doesn't matter, I do want to work at office, but I can't ignore this at the moment and I don't know exactly what to do if I am given a chance to choose it. Today is Saturday and some workers only need to go work and most of them are still sleeping. Last friday night, they are enjoying untill wee hours by drinking, playing card, watching adult movies, etc. So they can't wake up early and the whole camp is quiet and I take a chance to see around without any disturbance. I can use toilet & wash common bath-room comfortably despite they both are considerablely dirty. No choice, I remind myself and think what is going to happen to me today or near future? Nobody know except God......
About 10:00am, somebody come to camp and tell us that manager is calling now. So we all together go to manager's office that is located at the work shop place. After we arrived there, he asked us to fill up form and sign. Manager explained me how to fill up form and asked me to tell others to follow me. After filling up the form and return to him all documents. Then he asked me to come his room and told me that I and another guy need to go office this morning. He continue asked me to pack all my things and wait for car to come pick up. So I go back to camp and I pack my things and wait until office car come.
When the office car arrived to camp, the time is 12:30pm and we sadly say goodbye to the rest of our group. After one hour drive, we arrive to the main office where they gave me lunch. After lunch, manager came in office and asked me to sign on the contract document that is written by Malaysia language. So I complaint him for not understanding and he explained me by translating to english. In fact, he brief as follow:
Manager: It's nothing but only 2 cases,
1) you are not allowed to fight each other among co-workers.
2) you are seriously not allowed to get married with malaysia lady.
When I asked about salary, he told me that he is not in the position to decide our salary and also not mention in here. Then I asked him who's going to decide then? He say only boss will make it on monday. And he explained us that if we are not signed on contract then he cannot give us advance money (RM100) now. Finally we signed on contract and also need to give finger-print on the designated area. Manager also take a photo of witness and conclude signing section. Then he asked one myanmar office staff to bring us to the company flat where office workers are supposed to stay there. So I just follow that myanmar fellow to the flat for our accomodation.
I STILL CAN'T SIGHT AS I STIL DON'T KNOW MY SALARY UNTIL NOW..HMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment