Friday, November 6, 2009

Arriving to alien country


It was summer day, exactly fall on 25th March, 2005 (Friday). I left Yangon International Airport for Malaysia and arrived KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) on local time (4:15pm). What a bloody big building? I saw it from plane window when the MAS(Malaysia Air System) airplane tried to landing. Although my country weather is so hot that time, KL weather is under heavy rain. The pilot tried hard to land as heavy clouds are covered the capatal city of Malaysia. I thought cloud are soft before and I realised that my though was totally wrong. Because the cloud can block airplane to stop in going ahead. We, all passengers, are worrying in shaking plane with a alien sound while the pilot tried to penterate heavy clouds. They flied up and down in search of thinner clouds so that the plane can go forward and finally they cope the problem and we started to see the palm view of so much area. We couldn't able to see plain land and all the lands were covered by full of palm trees. it's amazing to see them from bird eyes view and suddenly KLIA bldg is appear amidst forest and I am very much impressed by the airport bldg design.

The airport bldg design is artist impression and I am much look like a villager now. After landing successfully, we have to across through tube and enter to a main bldg. Wow!!! the bldg is so big and we don't know how to go. Fortunately, we have S'porean agent who lead our group and we could able to follow him. After walking so far distance, he suddenly stop at one table and filled up immigration forms for us. And walked some distance to one place where a lot of seats have and asked us not to go anywhere and just sit here and wait. Since then, he disappear and we never seen him again in person. We altogether 7 person brave ourselves and survey around our place. I sit one seat and also curious around just like others and notice that there are so many foreign workers in that area. Some are sitting hopelessly and some are walking directionlessly, some are even sleeping soundly seems so tired now.

I approached nearby group and asked one guy where are they coming from? the guy replied me "Vietnam" and I continued my question "how long have you been here?" he say "2 days" ready,,, I was amazed to hear that and continue "Nobody come and collect you? where is ur boss?",, he just simply say "NO"....My worry suddenly bigger and what I can do is just praying hard so that good fortune favour to me. I am writing my note book for my experience and try to calm myself. But in my mind, there is a war and how could I be stable with this situation? I could see other several groups from different countries. Some group are wearing uniform and even same hair-cut. They are much look like soldiers and sometime they need to march like soldier do. Some are talking each other as they are living at their home. Also I noticed that there is temporary prison nearby that is guarded by immigration officer who were armed.

Indeed, there are two check points in that airport, one for normal visitor (tourist) and another one for migrant workers. For tourist, it's not problem to check as they only need to present necessary documents. For foreign workers, we cannot go through immigration counter without our employer coming. So lot of foreign workers are waiting for their boss to come and pick up them. I still don't know how long we need to wait until our employer come and collect. Luckily one director and manager arrived to airport about 6:00pm and they easily cross immigration counter and shouted,
GEOPANCAR
It's usual, all incoming boss or authorize person used to shout their company name to signal their workers. Because workers don't know who is boss and so do boss. We don't know who is coming in and how he's look like. So whoever shout some name, we paid attention if it is our company or not. So once we hear "GEOPANCAR", we are so happy and stand up by raising our hands and approached to them.
Hmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,I could able to sight a bit now,,,,,and I don't know what is blocking ahead of me.........this is first minor step I overcome now....

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment