Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just Say "YES"


JUST SAY YES,,,,,,it is the philosophy of my company and the lady boss is proudly hang up this sign board around her office premise. The meaning of this sign is quite clear and mainly focus on the foreign workers I believe. The longer working in this company, the more suffering as she is trying to wash our brain. Because all the old service workers are super-obedient to her and I find myself a bit different in first and later I also settled on this format as a usual. It's totally disgrace to follow her verbally instruction through myanmar traitor. Sometime I even don't know what is my position and what are my responsibilities. I just simply need to follow what they asked me to do regardless of time and type of jobs. If I refuse to follow their order, then I would be fined with immediately action and if I still resist, there would be a lot of penalty follow up. No wonder all my senior fellow citizens are very obedient and follow this lousy philosophy.

The day I remember just before CNY holiday in my first year, we are informed that we are included in the list of those who can get a bonus. We are so glad to know that and our happiness are not so long with their follow up treatment. Few hour later, HR staff comes and asked us to sign on the list of paper in which they mentioned that we acknowledged for receiving our bonuses. What a silly and bully? We, only 2 engineer incl me, refused to sign on that document. HR staff asked us for refusing. We answer that we cannot sign if we are not given any cash. She take a note and report to a lady boss. On the same day evening, we are called by the lady boss and scored us aggressively.

boss: did you both refuse to sign this morning for bonus acknowledgement?
we : yes madam.
boss: why did you do like that, company is very kind to you all and take care enough lah.
we : HR staff only asked us to sign on paper without any instant cash, madam
boss : yes of course, I'll give you when you go back your country lah.
we : we don't want to sign without getting money, madam.
boss: why not only you 2 while other myanmar workers agree to sign?
we : it's up to them, madam
boss: OK, I ask you "yes" or "no"
we : "no" unless we are given money
boss: you 2 dare to say "no" to me, fine RM-5 for these two guys, Lim ask money them now. (Lim is a chinese man who is working at the office and incharge to myanmar workers)
we : we don't give him as we have no money in our wallet
boss: pay it NOW...
we : we don't have money, madam sorry
boss: then borrow from your friends now, otherwise RM-10
we : we still refuse to follow
boss: Sundry, you don't need to cook for these lousy 2 guy and let them go outside eat
sundry: yes, madam
boss: I'll never give you 2 any bonus..
we : it's fine, never mind, madam
boss: you 2 are bullshit, lousy,,#@$%^&&*(
we: keep quiet and stand infront of her motionless
boss: get out of my sight NOW,,,
we: thanks madam

We go away from the office and eat the dinner in the restaurant that night. We are suffering from that penalty for several days until the boss switch green button on to Sundry. This is one of serial abuse and not worst one. I just mention about one of so many cases. But we keep busy and contribute so much to the company and she can't afford to off-load to site or even not dare to return us. Whenever we confront each other, we demand for return home, bcz we realise that she will never want to lose us since we are effective in her company. To the best of our knowledge, our friends who signed on bonus received never got these keep money by the time they go back home at the end of contract. They are such a curel people...

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU ARE IN OUR SHOES?

2 comments:

  1. Ko Zin Min Nyein,
    I like your post.
    Very good. Carry on Please.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's mean a lot to me, my bro...thanks indeed.

    ReplyDelete