Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Salary Battleship, First Round


ONE WEEK after working, HR manager who is also younger sister of lady boss called me to discuss about my salary. I am currently working at the downstair where all executive and engineers are working and I heard a lot about her and noted that everybody is afraid of her. So I braved myself to face her and wait in the meeting room for her coming in. Usually office staff lady informs us what to do now and next before HR manager take into action. She is also a lawer graduate from UK and good at english skill. Her size is bigger and taller than me at least double.
Once she came in, I stand up and greet her respectfully. She take a seat infront of me positioning face to face. She bring along some documents seems all my data and continue talking as follow:
HR : you are ZIN MIN NYEIN, right?
me: yes madam
HR : What is your post here?
me: according to agent and interview in yangon, I am supposed to work here as "site supervisor"
HR: ok, she is taking note, tell me what did you do in your country.
me: I usually worked as a quantity surveyor despite I am engineering graduate.
HR: alright, what's your professional?
me: I am B.E (Civil Engineering) from local university.
HR: How long have you been working in construction industry?
me: 5 years altogether, madam
HR: immm, not bad
me: I still don't know what I need to do and how much I am paid for my service.
HR: yes you have to follow company's pay structure.
me: How is it?
HR: you will earn RM-450 a month for first 3 probation period as a trainee worker.
me: I can't agree that, madam
HR: why? it's a must (she started to lose her temper)
me: I'm not a fresher to this job and I can be used instantly.
HR: but you can't do what you like in my company.
me: yes I know but....
HR: but what? this is KUALA LUMPUR, not myanmar
me: but I am given a promise of a good package salary by agent and your own MD
HR: I don't care what had happened to you before.
me: OK, it's up to you. but I can't work here with this lousy salary. I can even got a better salary in my country, u know
HR: what is your position here?
me: I came here to work as a site supervisor
HR: Do you know that our company does not recommend your degree
me: then why did your company come and interview us as a site engineer?
HR: also our malaysia govt do not recommend your country's degree
me: I just demand what your MD & agent have promised
HR: how much they promised you before you come here?
me: RM-1350 + OT if I am needed to work on site, RM-1800 fixed salary if I need to work office
HR: you will have to get one thing to get this salary.
me: what's that?
HR: a degree from UK/US
me: I won't come here if I have been a degrre from UK/US
HR: don't argue me like that
me: I just explain you, madam
HR: how much you get salary at your country?
me: US$ 200 + OT, usually I got my salary altogether for US$300
HR: really? I don't believe that, I know about your country well
me: yes madam, it's hard to get that salary for ordinary workers
HR: so do you mean you are not among ordingary lah?
me: yes of course
HR: then what type of man you are?
me: SUPERMAN
HR: Oh my God!!!!!(By laughing)

OK let me consider ur case deeper, let's talk again on later. Thanks for coming.

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment