Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First day in the office


TODAY is Monday and 28th March, 2005. So I am supposed to see lady boss and I am nervous enough. Because all the information I heard about her is very bad, as per my fellow citizens who are working here for several years tell me how bad she is. They laugh at me when I tell them my expected salary (RM-1800) that was promised by agent as well as MD of this company during his interview at Sedona Hotel, Yangon. They were very much confident to comment upon my prospect that I can't earn more than RM-1000 whatever they promised me before or so did agent. I was so disappointed to learn their telling and even make me weak physically.

There is one myanmar engineer who is currently working at the office and his salary is RM-1100 and company cut RM-100 every month. So he earned only RM-1000 each month. He is AGTI (Civil) and graduated in 2000. So he is 3 years junior in engineering career and now he is 6 months senior in Malaysia. So he already settled with company rules & regulation compare to me. He also share his experience during 6 months to us and nothing is good among what he said. Also he insist that I can not get more than what he earn today. It's possible what he said according to all information and I brave myself to face with lady boss today.

This monday morning, I follow with this engineer to office and he transfer me to another office myanmar staff who is working at the upper floor of office. Then he left us for his downstair work place. We need to wait upstair because lady boss is working at the up stair and she usually come to work at late evening. So my friend and I helped to this myanmar office staff in some work and wait for boss. About 5:30pm she came to office and everybody is scare of her and do work quietly without going around office premise. So I also still quiet and wait for her calling. Nobody dare to talk her and also inform to her about us. I don't know who is responsible for new comers. After 6:30pm, I decided to go out of room and wait from the corridor to see boss when her return home. I don't want to miss her today and I eager to know what to do and how much I can get for salary. My friend is very quiet and no talking so much as well because he can't speak english properly. So he follow me whatever I do/move.

The lady boss come out of her room about 8:00pm and saw us blocking her way like a gangster. Nobody dare to block her way in this company and she was amazed by our manner and action. Actually this is first ever day in office and we don't know how much we need to afraid of her. Several local and myanmar office staffs are surrounding her and nobody introduce her about us. So she suddenly stop her step and ask:

boss: who are they?
scretary: signalling myanmar senior worker to answer that Question.
senior : they are new workers and arrived here last friday night, madam.
boss : so.....
ppl silent for amoment and
boss : tell me who is sending them here my office?
senior: Crist (Store Manager) brought them here on saturday morning, madam.
boss : taking out hand phone and call to manager about us by chinese language
After talking,
boss : what are you doing here?
me : I don't know, I'm waiting for your instruction. nobody give me the job or even don't know my salary.
boss : I don't understand what you are talking about. (by seeing myr senior) tell me what is he talking now
me : no need, I'll tell you directly slowly.
boss : alright, say again
me : I have been waiting for you for 2 days ready now.
boss : immm
me : Still don't know where to work and how much is my salary.
boss : didn't Christ tell you anything?
me : he only asked us to sign on contract and he say it's you who decide worker's salary
boss : ok I'll consider and tell you later. Send him downstair tomorrow by giving a comment on me that "YOU ARE VERY RUDE"
me : miss words and silent
boss go down and left for home.

Today we cannot eat at office staff foods when lunch time come. My senior asked chief why we, new 2 persons, cannot eat? indian lady replied him that she is not informed for additional staffs. So we went out and eat our lunch at restaurant. At the evening the company restaurant gave us fried rice and my first day ends with the full of uncertainty.

HMMMM TODAY ALSO NOT CLEAR MY SALARY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ko Zay Min Nyein.
    When I read this, I got experiences like I worked in Malaysia.
    I can't stop reading easily whenever I see your new post.
    I am very happy for your blog follower.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's my pleasure to see comments on my blog...thanks for visiting my mini world..hopefully I can always have a source/raw to keep uploading posts. :D

    ReplyDelete