Monday, November 9, 2009

First Night In KL


WE ARRIVED the main store in 7:30pm and I follow manager. It's a place where company put breakdown heavy machine and it's called company's main work shop as well. I see around curiously and saw a lot of fellow citizen workers who also look at us as their new workmates. Manager called one senior myanmar worker and asked him to show a temporary place to stay. Then we follow him to a camp-like container makeshift place. The place is messy enough and smelly as well. Since our group is 7 person total and we are separated to 2 person group and need to stay in different container. Every container is long about 20 feet and 2 storey with a small window at one side. The place is worker's rest place as well as dining and kitchen. By the time I was showed a place to stay by this senior man, I was so upsetted to see dirty place. But my friend is mature enough and he always remind me that we are in the uncertain condition and no rooms to complain. In fact, we are treated and given the same manner with the general workers. Despite we are hired as engineer, we cannot deserve a better facilities and so do others.

After getting a place to sleep, my friend and I started to clean the place as it is very dirty and smell is awesome enough. According to one senior, this place was occupied by a heavy drunker who return myanmar few days earlier. So no wonder this place is messy and full of rubbish. It's first lesson we learn in KL and we requested some dirty clothes to senior and clean till satisfy. Then we lay some newspaper on the floor so that we can sleep without itchy. Luckily I bring a small pillow, blanket and mosquito net. That night, we ate fried rice that are given by manager. About 11:00pm, my old friend came to camp and I am happy to see old friend and able to ask about the company. At that time, he already worked there for about 1 year and he has been working in both office and site. So he can explain me the current situation of company and I took a note. I could able to call myanmar and other friends in KL by his hand phone. He told me that he'll lend RM100 if I am not given advance money from company. I thankfully refuse him and tell I'll let you know if there is a need. We went to bed around 12:00pm despite the neighbouring rooms are noisy. We slept quickly due to tireness of physical and mind I think. For an optimistic, we finally arrived Malaysia safely and successfully. Because some people were sent back from airport after finding their medical condition is not fit enough. Malaysia govt counter-check to all arriving foreign workers regardless of their previously medical check up in their respective country. I was also very nervous when we align for medical check-up infront of airport clinic. Fortunately I am not selected to check-up on the spot. Our group comprise 7 people and they chose only 1 person whose skin color is white and probably they thought his face is pale like a patient. Actually I didn't do any medical check-up before I go to Malaysia. That's why I am not sure if my medical condition is ok or not. Anyway I finally passed these barrier and now I am expecting tomorrow to commence work in new country.
I CAN'T STOP THINKING A LOT ABOUT TOMORROW UNTIL SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment