Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Me and Foreign Secretaries


MY COMPANY OFFICE has 2 floors in which the lady boss works on upper deck and her MD husband who is also engineer works in lower floor. The lady boss is more powerful but she is not a key player in the company. She used to come office after 5:00pm and worked untill 8:00pm/ 10:00pm depend on her mood. Some days she'll come and talk non-sense and go back without working. But she is the queen of the office and all the staffs need to pay super respect to her despite everybody hate her. She is unfair lady and her victims include even her very own husband. Let me highlight on this matter upon secretary post

Actually they both are very good-looking couple. MD is so hard working man and this lady boss always busy with ridiculous matters. As I told above, they are working at the different levels and they both have their individual secretary. She appoint young and smart man as her secretary and personal assistant. This guy gets a good salary and works very minor works. His main duty is driving her wherever she wants to go. She gives him a room in her bungalow and let him stay there and take care her 24 hours. I don't know how MD feels when he sees a young man ever accompanied his wife on most of the day.

On the other hand, she appoint a female secretary for her MD husband. I had seen so many secretary during my service in that company. Despite secretary changes oftenly, one thing never change in her replacement. It's her husband secretary must be urgly enough, very old enough, other quilifications are minor only. She'ld employ if these two major factor occupy to new applicants. But our MD never complain to that and the secretary coming in are not ordinary woman. We also suffered from that irregular secretaries because one of my job is feeding data to MD especially at the tender stage. So I need to deal with these aging female secretary compulsarily.

Unfortunately my first ever neighbour colleague was MD's secretary because I was asked to sit beside her as temporarily. I haven't got enough jobs to do at my earlier days on office and what I can do on working time is just helping my senior and studying their format and drawings. Since first day she critized me upon
1) the way I wear at office [I wear belt bag and put my important documents in it. She hate to see me and won't hesitate to comment it. One day she told me
sec: hey guy, you don't wear these urgly bag.
me: why?
sec: this is office, not site
me: but I can't afford to leave all my important documents at room.
sec: I don't care but remember this is not fish market
me: ok, I'll keep in in my drawer if you don't want to see it

2) the way I speak English
sec: your English is so bad
me : humm
sec: you can't understand simple English and how would you do here?
me: you also don't understand what I speak, so the same lah
sec: how did u get degree with this lousy English?
me: R u thinking ur English is so good?
sec: yes mine is standard
me: we speak second language and nobody is perfect
sec: I was English teacher before this job
me: smiling and try to do something by quietly

3) the way I turn the pages of office file
sec: hey don't make noisy office
me: what did I do wrong?
sec: your turning pages is so noisy
me: aww, then ur ear must be so good
sec: don't complain me
me: imm,,,smiling and quiet

4) the way I work with computer
sec: hey can u make it quietly?
me: how and why ?
sec: your fingers hitting keyboard so wild
me: then..
sec: so noisy,,this is office, not fish market
me: it's not my false, it happen bcz of bad keyboard
sec: shut up, ur mouth
me: hmmmmm

5) the way I speak mother language
sec: why are you both speaking ur language?
us: why not? you also speak Chinese when u see other chinese person
sec: this is chinese company and we can speak Chinese legally
us: so,,we have to speak chinese as well?
sec: speak English unless u speak chinese
us: immmmm,,,,(u bitch,,,,,,,,,,telling in minds)

After this lady, another secretary came to office and she got fired after few days. She is good at works and ok with other colleagues. The major drawback he made is coming to the office by her own Mercedes car. The HR manager who is sister of lady boss don't want to see other staffs doing better then they does. So few days later she sack her and bring in another one. The third one was KG level with computer and she need to ask me how to make a good report. And I teach her whenever she asked me. She sometime bring curry for us and even gave us some old dress of her bf. We have made a good relationship and HR manager noticed that. Then she called me and asked me to stay away with her and end of that month she also was fired. I am so sorry to learn her losing job. The fourth secretary was from my part-time QS company. She was a share holder and keeping of the boss. So she is proud enough and don't want to tell properly with workers including me. But I was employed as a part-time QS and I worked for her company only 1 1/2 days a week on sat and sunday. I had seen several secretaries and I had learnt a lot from them both in bad and good. Now I'm now working in Singapore and of course my company has a secretary. Believe it or not,,I have querrelling with her once for bully me. I don't want to do that but it is a must to protect my interest. If I quiet, they'll continue me bullying. How about you?

HAVE YOU SEEN A GOOD SECRETARY AT YOUR WORKPLACE?

No comments:

Post a Comment