Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sad Movie makes me CRY.


FEW DAYS back, I received a letter from my SPRs couple friend is the source of I watch this movie yesterday at Orchard Cineleisure, level-6. There are two short films under program named "Cross Border" and "Burma VJ". What a coincidence? The screening day is fall on our National Day (11/11/09). We went there on time to make sure our ticket is granted following to our earlier registration via email.

It started on 7:15pm with the Cross Border and I could able to witness the life of Myanmar families flee from persecution into Mae Sot, a town on the Thai-Myanmar border. Their life in Thailand are awesome and they, parent, are not afford to send their child to school at the right age. As a result, the child became the street boys and uneducated. Film maker highlighted there are some oasis despite the life is choas there. These included few volunteer makeshift school, orphanage welfare centre and clinic. I do realise that the support are not good enough for a growing demand. Also they highlighted in this movie are children who are taken away from their parents by human traffickers with the prospect of work in bigger city like Bangkok. There are so many bad story that turn from their dream of getting work. They end their dream as a beggar if the victim is a boy and a child prostitute if victim is a girl. I don't know what they show in this film are how many % true and I crazily pray that they are just an imaginary by artiste.

At the middle of film, I can't stop my tear rolling down onto my cheek and I was so emotional. When the story teller told that some people are born to this world but they have no place to live with their dignity by showing some people, I was so sad and hope it's my peak feeling. What a cruel world is it? Where is our human kindness manner? Where is our religious teaching and guidance despite these two countries are majorly buddhist countries? I also noticed that they can maintain our traditional cultural by donating seasonal ceremony although they are extremely deep in poverty. I salute their spirit upon their survival at the broken place. I ashamed myself for being selfish by staying away for my own goodness. Hopefully I can serve back my country oneday if I am given a chance to do something in what I can do. Let's hope a good, educated, developed, peaceful and dignity country with a beautiful natural resource soonest possible.

After the first film, Burma VJ which is main feature is following with 15 minutes intermission. They say "A picture can say a thousand words" and I can't deny that. This film is majorly attention to an internal matter that was happened in 2007 September. Being a burmese, I have been hearing such a kind of matter in my past and tame it totally. It has been long time as a mouse-cat playing game. I don't understand about the political and also don't interest in this. No matter who is ruling as long as I can live peacefully. You might critize me as a selfish man who neglect suffering of major people. This is my personal view and it can be wrong or right, this kind of matter is happening at all countries incl US that is supposed to say the best democracy country. The poverty is everywhere and world first economy US also not exceptional. The difference would be less and much percentage depend on their respective system consume. So I'll let it handled by others and stay aside.

But what I can say here is my feeling arose from watching this film. Firstly I want my country to be famous with a good reputation amid international community. We have so many potential both man power and natural resource. If non-resource country like Singapore can make it developed country, why not for my country? I purely believe in our country potential when the time come to right time. I don't know how long it will take to become my dream realistic. Secondly I am very much grateful to Maruah for organizing this event successfully and I know a mere words thank you is not good enough to honour their tirelessly effort. I don't know exactly what they saying human right. Frankly I admit it. But being a burmese, I feel ashamed that this kind of unaccepted case were happening in our country during my generation. Since it's out of my hand and we cannot erase our past, let it remain as history.

Finally I relax by myself with a standard method of buddhist people. They are suffered this because they performed similar in their previous life as an active person. So active and passive likely to be happening in this world alternatively. My wish herewith is people can find the best solution in creating a better and peaceful world by working together.

THIS, TOO, SHALL PASS AWAY.

2 comments:

  1. ကိုဇင္မင္းေရ...

    အရမ္းကို အေရးအသားေရာ..အတင္အျပေရာ ေကာင္းပါတယ္။ လံုျခံဳမွဳလဲ ရွိပါတယ္။ ဖတ္သူတုိင္း အားရ ေက်နပ္ၾကလိမ့္မယ္လို႕ ထင္မိပါတယ္။ ဆက္လုပ္ လို႕ ေျပာရမွာပဲ။

    ခင္မင္စြာျဖင့္
    ကိုမ်ဳိး

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for your constructive comment, bro. It's my pleasure to see your comment and it's really driving my hungry to write onward.

    ReplyDelete