Thursday, October 1, 2009

GTI Final Year Experience


I still struggling to enter top 10 when I am final year at my civil engineering diploma course.
In fact final year roll no is based on second year marks/result.
I'm not sure for my roll no. but it is between 11 and 15. So I have to make additional effort to enter top 10 list. Because I want to join RIT for further studies for degree.
To attend RIT is my core target since I was a child.
Unfortunately I wasn't eligible to enter that pristigious university with matriculation marks.
So this is only one hope to fulfill my dream come true.
I was lucky to get back on the track to go RIT again and I keep studying hard to get my ambition.
This final year exam is also can be called entrance for RIT. So among top students are competing as high as possible. On the other hand, we are quite settle with the institute campus and feel a bit relax at final year because we have been staying here for 2 years ready. And whoever we see around are mostly our junior and all the teachers from our faculty are familiar with us.
Being senior students, we need to lead in institute's social activities such as internal sport competition, warso and ka htein donation and excursion trip to other interesting places.
At first year, I enter competition for civil department logo competition and essay competition for Union day. But my attempt were not selected at that all competition. Anyway I am pleased to b able to compete ocassional competition.
There were three exciting ocassion during my 3 years (in fact it take 2 years only) study time. They are inter-sport competition by different faculties, town's famous CGTI Kahtein presentation show and excursion trip with civil family. During inter-sport games, the competition is so high among students from different major. In the event of final days, the whole institute would be cheers and make loud atmosphere around. We can support our own department team when it compete against other teams. We'ld shout continuously tirelessly and at the end, we would find ourselves hard to move around. Anyway anyhow it makes us closer and united and even can make our campus much more active.
The second exiting moment is Ka Htein Pwe in which all majors are competing by showing their spending power and creativeness in making their own donation towers. Mostly all majors are doing their activities on secret basic so that other major students cannot copy their innovation and creativities. We hire 10-wheels trucks to make it movable stage when we go around the town for demonstration. We need to go as far as Kyauk Pa Daung that is nearest city to hire such a trucks. We do it systematically under guidance of department head and other active teachers. Among teachers, competition is as high as among students. So teacher are focusing on all activities to make sure they are well done. It's major different between State and Institute teachers. We are so united during preparation time and we all do happily whatever we are assigned.
In our time, there is two option; one is selected students must dance as alien/ET and another one is performing as a model girl. All must be performed by male students so that it is funniable. This two performance are only for my class-A. Not for all civil representing classes. There are two classes for Civil final year alone. There would be another first year and second year. Every single class has their own planning. So this show celebration is a must to watch for all residents on town. They are eagerly await to the show day and ask so many question to confirm/make sure they are free that day.
My class even has two type of activities as said above. Firstly I choose first option that need to dance like alien. First day training, I was upset to put charcoal on my face and body while need to wear plastic outfit. Another thing makes me disappointed is there is no fine instructor for dancing move. So we find it hard to get rathum and struggling to find suitable music. So the following day I decided to quit from that squad and join another option that needs me to perform as a model girl.
There are 10 selected male students and all must be trained before actual day. So I have to go Chemistry Lab room and need to be trained how to walk, post and even how to glance to audience. All lessons are taught by our fellow female class-mates. At that time, there is no room for ashame. What we are thinking alone is our performance must be better than our rivals. So all students and teachers are doing their best from all angles. By this way I shamefuly performed as a group model in the big day. Our group is not gettting a big impact and there are some other shows that can interest ppl. Anyway we all are happy to finish it successfully. I'll never forget that day for life-time.
Another ocassion to remember is excursion time. Some leading students manage to hire buses and ask authority for fuel needed. We need to give the list to organizing committe. This trip cost us about 300Ks if I am not mistaken. But not all students afford that amount and only some % can join this excursion trip. From first year to final, we travel with two highway buses to Pyin Oo Lwin, Mandalay and Tha dar oo international airport project in return. When we arrive international airport proj, the time was late at night and we all are sleepy with day time trip. The project engineer explained us how to build this mega project and welcome any question at the end of his explanation. I only stand up and asked few questions to him and he happily answered my queries. Then we get back our campus successfully.
Just before our exam, we needed to test our luck for our fields place after exam time. We needed to do it because students and possible jobs are not match. So some students who don't get a place need to manage to find themselves. I got blank vote and helped one of my closest frd for her vote that suppose her to go irrigation department, magway. This department is the place I stay currently and I took her vote with the consent of her and teachers. By this way, I became a legal students to work at irrigation construction project. After finishing our final exam, my close friends and I discussed to go and work at Yangon Companies and make appointment to meet again after leaving GTI. One of my friend has sisters who are working in Yangon as construction engineers @ companies and he promised me to find jobs for others and contact us after getting jobs. Then we all return our respective home.

No comments:

Post a Comment