Monday, October 19, 2009

Hillside Project

THE site office is located in the villey and surrounded by so many mountains. The view are magnificent and the weather are chilly cold. Beside office there are a lot quarters for our sub-con workers and there are also army offices nearby. The querry crashing machine is one stone throw away and ever running and make noisy and dirty environment. There are a lot of tea plants around the office. Site office is about 12' x 50' with rectangular shape one story makeshift. It's hall type and there is no extra rooms inside. So it is our office, bed room and dinning room as well.
THE FIRST NIGHT I slept on that site office was unsleepable and I suffered from chilly cold weather especially at night time. I don't have enough blanket and it makes me difficult to sleep soundly. I oftenly heard the weapon and machine gun sound at night time. My excitement to start work tomorrow probably make me excitement and added not able to sleep properly. So I wake up early morning and walk out of room and look newly face surrounding. Oh my god,,,,,the trees and tents are covered by snow and it look like pale face patient. Once I try to brush my teeth and wash my face, I wow seeing an ice in the barrel. What a bloody cold weather? The time is late February and the weather is worse than our winter temperature. This is my first barrier to overcome in this project.
Few min later my colleagues woke up and they prepared for breakfast while other ppl switch generator on so that we can do properly. After breakfast, we went to the site that is located on the mountain. The mountain is tall about 1500 ft from our site office place. The path we could climb up is not smooth and it is full of bushes and trees. We even need to cross streams/creeks on the way to site and also we can see a beautiful orchards on the big trees. The birds are tweeterig themselves and we passed by.
EVERYDAY I neeed to climb up/down three times and during the working hours I need to run along the hill side. It wasn't not easy and I tried to focus my mind on the jobs. Usually we go to work around 7:30am and come back office after 12:00pm for lunch break. After lunch at 1:00pm we climb up again to restart work and go down after 5:00pm for dinner and bathing. After dinner we have to go again for OT and usually we could able to return office not earlier than 10:00pm. The project must be finished within a tight schedule and we need to push a lot to make sure progress is matched with construction schedule. There are a lot of difficulties in supervising workers as mostly are non-skilled workers and we are relying on the local people who are not familiar with a construction job. Anyway I have to meet our target on time and I am paid for that. Few days later I felt settled to work in this situation and time passed faster day by day as I always need to rush to finish my bldgs.

2 comments:

  1. မဂၤလာပါ ကိုဇင္မင္း ေရ..

    Hillside Project ကို ဖတ္သြားပါတယ္။ Project ကို အခ်ိန္မီ ျပီးစီးဘို႕ အခ်ိန္ကိုက္ လုပ္ေဆာင္ရတာ မလြယ္တဲ့ အလုပ္တစ္ခုပါ။ ပင္ပန္းတယ္.. အခ်ိန္ေတြ အမ်ားၾကီး ေပးရတယ္.. ညစာစားျပီး ေနာက္တစ္ေခါက္ ျပန္လည္ သြားရတာ မလြယ္ပါလားေနာ္... OT ေလး ရလို႕ ေတာ္ပါေသးရဲ႕ ::) :)

    က်ေနာ့ ဘေလာ့မွာလဲ link ထားတယ္ ကိုဇင္ ေရ..

    ခင္မင္စြာျဖင့္
    ကိုမ်ဳိး

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really honored to me to get ur comment and thks for ur valuable time.

    ReplyDelete