Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Learning never end

AFTER getting necessary man power and machine fleet. We enter to the season for rice plantation. We go through a lot difficulties and solve them out together as a unit. At some points, I'ld learn new lesson and realize about the people more than before. Being a young manager, I am not good enough but hard working. I, in particular case, cannot oversee the incoming unseen things to cover our interest and I knew that one small wrong decision makes a huge loss in term of time and money. It makes me different person and I try to settle and familiar with the current job despite I was trained to become an engineer.
AFTER planting stage, we are much freedom as we don't need to rush anymore like initiative step. What we need to do is make sure water are retaining in the field and give peddy tree required fertilizer periodically. And hire few people to monitor incoming cows and keep them on the bay. Meantime boss suggested me to do another business at the same time. It was to buy baby chicken and guard until it offer eggs. I easily agree with him as I find myself it's boring not to have enough job in the forest. After making decision, I started to go and study nearby village farm and seek for advice. After collecting information, I begin construction for the chicken quarter with battery case. It's another challenge for me as I never built before the bldg for animals. Luckily local carpenter are much familiar with constructing such a kind of bldg and I just tell how I want to build and gave them a draft drawing.
The longer I stay there, the more friends I got around the village. I usually went and visit to their own business and I noticed that their family business are not bad. They don't need to go out for work and they earn a good money from their own business. What they need to do is just take care of their own farm. The whole village ppl are expert in doing flower plants and every house has a garden to support their expense. After learning their business, I decided to do the same business like them. And proposed to boss and he passed it to me. I did a lot different plant that are favaurite in market. Among are watermalon, rose, mushroom, tomato, long and short beam, Onion, Chilli, Gourt, etc. So my office produce a lot vegetable, flowers, mushroom, egg, etc. Everyday ppl come and buy vegetable or other items and my office become crowdy. I also earned small money everyday and can save in some area. I enjoy to eat fresh vegetable and eggs everyday and so do my staffs. Since I do vegetable and flowers business, I needed to hire a lot daily workers and also need to find to pay them. I begin to happy despite it was so tired.
3 month later, the rice field changed to golden colour and we prepared to cut them and collect in the store house. I could produce about 5,000 bucket (tinn) for all sort of rice. We tested some special rice to present to other boss and officials. I was happy to see them successfully cut and collect in the store house. In the last day, I make a party for all workers and rent video to entertain them over night. I gave them dinner, drinks and lucky draws as well and they all are over joy that night. It takes me around 5 months from start to end. The outcome is not bad for an engineer. I do please with my workdone and I'll never forget that tough day in my life. I'ld suspect if I am asked to do the same jobs again now..Anyway I have gained a good experience in life and felt that I have contributed / committed to our peoples by some ways. Because all the rice would be sold out to traders and they'll distribute in the market. Finally I do realise one thing that,

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO A WILLING MIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment