Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am a victim of clash by two bosses.

AFTER finishing Nga Moe Yeik San Pya Market Project, we moved out to new project that is located in Bayint Naung Junction called Zeyarmon Condominium Housing Project. Since I have gained a lot experience in previous one, I have much confident with my QS job and I'm only one QS in my company and this time my company gave three contractor with lump sum basic for 3 no of buildings. Due to a good location, the apartments and shop houses were sold out before the project is finished. This project was owned by YCDC and we do only YCDC's project as my boss is familiar with mayor of Yangon. So he is given a favour in tending YCDC projects and some occasion we need to decline incoming projects due to shortage of man power and management.
WE have made a good reputation by doing San Pya Market within schedule and other YCDC market project constructors like Insein Market came and study our project duly demanded by YCDC authorities. As a result, we got this new project at the prime area of Bayint Naung Trading Zone. I am quite easy to work as a main con QS and I could able to learn some new skills such as speaking and auto CAD during my time in that project. Unfortunately I didn't know in advance that this project would be my last one for this company with me. In the final stage, I resigned for a better offer and I am supposed to say that I was betrayed to my boss who favoured me a lot during my junior stage. I only left my resignation letter for my quit and didn't see my boss personally as I don't know how to answer if he demand me for reason properly. So I gave my letter to my frd colleagues and left this site office for uncertain post.
IN THIS POINT, I need to explain something so that you can understand my resignation with immediately effect. As foreasaid in previous post, this company is owned by several share holders and there are two major share holders who are working onsite as well. One is my boss who take MD and another one is uneducated man who has only money and lack of construction knowledge. Once I taught him how to call construction materials by english and he purposely tried to make us, all engg:, his friends. I am not exceptional and I owe him a lot during my working in this company. He is called us as mini boss bcz he is second largest share holder and we both are closer than any other else. He don't like in company policy and he wanted to establish his own company and he secretely asked me to follow his side. At the same time, he want my current boss to fall in trouble by taking me out of his firm. He know well that I am very useful in this company and I take a lot responsibilities as well. So if he is able to convince me to follow him, at least there would be some void in my place at this company.
SO one day he brought me and revealed his plan to establish his own and he's willing to employ me as a project engineer. He also told me that he already got a project to do in Kachin State for infra-structure by his friend General. He tried to make friend with army officers and this general was his closest. So I do believe in his words and decided to follow him for better opportunities such as salary and other facilities. The day I left my site office to join him, I was tearful in my face on the way to his home on the bus. But I encouraged myself for my decision and I arrived his home. He showed me shrine room and asked me to stay there for temporary.
TIME passed by and I'm still staying in the shrine room without jobs. I do realise gradually that I have become a victim of two powers clash. But regret is so late as usual and I am now jobless. I was so disappointed but to accept. When I asked him about project, he'ld say he cancelled these project as he can't make it profit by doing this. Saying his general promised him to get new better project and just wait for a right time. I don't want to take salary without job and he told me to ask money if I am needed. By this way, I help their home business and last few month continuously. I didn't let my family know this matter and I don't know what to do at that time. I was about 23 years old and I got idea to attend autoCAD class with the aid of his sponsor. I find it easier to spend time at class by wasting at home without any job to do. At the same time I had a few trip to highway like Kyite Htoo Yoo and Thar Ma Nya. But I am not happy to stay there without doing any engineer job. When I told my situation to my friend engineers who are still working in my previous company, they felt pity me for victim.
What a silly days to me? time are so slow to pass and I thought min long like hours and hour long like days and I try to pass everyday difficulty by helping their own business someway. Being engineer, I want to do only engineering job, no matter how much I get for that. But I'm doing non-engineer jobs during my jobless period in his home. If I have some power to know my future, I wanna know
WHEN CAN I ESCAPE FROM THIS TRAP?

No comments:

Post a Comment