Monday, October 19, 2009

The project I'll never forget

ONE SUMMER NIGHT, our bus was driving along highway heading to Taunggu Tsp and we arrived on about 3:00am very early morning. Another boss is awaiting from the bus terminal with hilux car and we follow with them to a house where we can take a short sleep. Soon after sleeping, the dawn greet us and I need to wake up and look around so that I can check situation. One boss asked me to wash my face and pack my thing to go site on the same day. So I quickly make everything and get ready and inform him.
THEN we continue a journey with hilus car. I still don't know where we are going to and also I never asked them where we are driving to. We stop at a cafe and took breakfast and continued our journey. Driver is also boss and another boss who is MD as well and I sat infront of car and I could see the view clearly. The car started to climb the mountain and I started to worry and curiousily asked MD :

me : where do we driving to?
MD: work site
me : where is it, boss?
MD: it's located on the hill top.
me : really? how long we need to drive to get there?
MD: about 3 hours, I think.
me : good to see mountain view on the way.
MD: yes, I hope so..
me : then, I keep quiet and just seeing outside view with excitement.

At lunch time, we arrive the worksite that is sitting on the top of highest mountain. And the weather is so cold and I felt unconfortable. But the view is splendid and I have never seen before such a natural beauty of a forest and mountains. We tour onsite and go down to a site-office. Site office is a makeshift bldg and made by bamboo and leaves. Site-office staffs greet us and showed me a place to stay during my working here. So I place my things and see around for survey. There are so many small bldgs around and also have army offices. I could see soldiers everywhere and the place is look like battle field rather than a construction site.
THAT NIGHT, one engineer gave me the drawing that I need to supervise. The bldg is located on the hill slope of the mountain and it's like a terrace and quarter for army officers students. Later I know what is this project from my colleagues and army sergant. This is army's newest officer training school and my company got some bldg for this project as a private company. The rest are being build by GE (army engineering group). Before I go to site, there was no engineer on site and senior young carpenter is taking incharge for the bldg I am supposed to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment