Thursday, October 4, 2012

Women after money ?

ONE day morning, I was taking taxi for my embassy to pay income tax and change passport. Cabby is a retired old man who is 67. He seem quite social and talk from the time I board until I alight. He repeatedly claim himself that he is not driving taxi for money. He've got enough money to enjoy life. I was just a following by nodding my head only. He continues how clever and smart his children are. According to him, his son is working at MNCs with the post of regional manager while his daughter is senior executive manager at a big company. He also boasted that his son in-law is a pilot as well. I'm so pleased to learn Singaporean children are supportive towards their parent because an old man told me that he gets few thousands by his children with monthly basis. 

He was unstoppable to talk and said he gets S$ 2,000 a month from his son alone. I was impressing with the attitude of his hard working mind while he doesn't need money to work. He claimed he had spent so much saving of his life to invest in his children's higher education who went abroad. I said, no wonder they are paying back his faith in their education. At one point, he suddenly told me that he is going to China for holiday very soon. I said it's good to enjoy oversea holiday. When I ask if he's going holiday together with wife, he immediately answered "no, no, with my girl friend". Oh God, I'm so surprised to hear his answer. How come a 67 years old man has a girl friend. He continues to explain how does he keep his girl friend in lion city. She is a main land Chinese lady who is in her mid 30s. He needs to support her S$ 1,800 monthly. He rent her a flat. He said, S$ 2,000 he received from his son was spent for girl friend. What a damn cash flow is it at his age? Finally he concluded his experience on women. You know young man, "Women always after money". 

Perhaps those women around him are in such category. I don't want to argue with him for his remark. I just smile and said goodbye when it reach my destination. I got another lesson why Singaporean's silver age time are not fruitful and loneliness. Hope the cabby I met is not a typical Singaporean old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment