Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Strange Signboard

AS a result of serial reforms, our people have been afford to buy a car now and no wonder car show-rooms are mushrooming in Yangon. During my recent holiday back home, I followed my friend to a car show-room in Yangon. I am impressed to learn that customer can search a potential car online with the help of agent's staff in their show room. One year ago time, it would have been dream for our people indeed. Since our people are allowed to bring in car without permit, car price in my land has been upside down. Now a lot of upper middle class people are enjoying the new rule that make them afford to own a car.

There was another surprise I found in local car show room. It is nothing but a signboard stick at the wall. The show room is decorated by tile on floor and glasses on internal partitions. What the sign suggest is "you are allowed to wear slipper within the premise of this show room". What a really funny enough is it? For me, yes. But for our people who have been raising under iron-fist rule, they are dearly losing confident to step into the nicely decorated places. I feel something wrong with the notice and asked my friend if such signboard are necessary or not. He easily answered yes, because some locals not dear to wear their slipper in the office. It say a lot to me rather than an answer. It have made me understand how much our people have been brainwashed by former rule. In fact, those customers who are able to buy a car can be considered rich people. I suddenly understand from that incident that our young people's mindset must be completely changed if we are going to breast with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment