Thursday, October 11, 2012

Embarrassing Moment

I am riding peak hour over crowded train on the way to work, taking reserved seat and deeply interested in my country's news. An old man came in when the train reaches Yishun station. A woman's finger came in and touch at my paper to signal an old man is there standing alone. I immediately stand up and welcome uncle to take a seat. An uncle is initially resisting my offer by saying it's ok. I told him, make it easy uncle, it is belong to you. At the same time I have to answer, it's okay to give up to the woman who repeatedly said sorry to me. I usually check around whenever I take priority seat. I don't have enough courage to sit priority seat especially in front of an old and pregnant passenger. I even wish to surrender seat if I am taking normal seat and priority seat taker do not give up.

The congested train and reading an interesting news really make me inconsiderate person that I feel was not appropriate. I am honestly didn't see him but I feel embarrassing for my own manner. My destination was Bishun and it was few station away. It is too long for me to reach as I don't want to ride anymore. I once experienced the same incident before. That time I was just witness. Now I became a performer but I didn't make it deliberately. Hope my fellow commuters understand me and forgive me for my careless manner. I decided not to take reserved seat in future to avoid the same incident. I sincerely thanks to a woman who remind me that I feel is much better than take photo and uploaded online.

No comments:

Post a Comment