Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Moon Cake Story

LAST month was a moon cake festival month for Chinese dominant countries including Singapore. The companies are giving moon cakes away each other to participate traditional festival. Of course, my company also receiving a lot of boxes by our sub contractors and clients. It's nothing wrong up to this point. What make me disappoint is the wrong attitude of our handful Chinese colleagues. As usual, they are kiasu in this case as well because it is carrot, not stick. Though, these present packs are originally meant to our senior management such as GM/MD, our rich leaders do not bother it and pass it to some to share among staffs.

However, they will never know what happened to those things. A handful of selfish Chinese staff will manipulate them in favor of their way. They would share each other if the cake are good. They would put some open box if they are not interested at their eyes. By doing so, they are deliberately make senior management would have understand that those cakes are allocated by an equally chance. In fact, the best had been instantly allocated to their drawer. The lousy ones would be put on the table for show. If they feel good in mind, they would shout to announce that cake are here to serve, sound just enough to hear by their own ear. 

We are poor but we are not doing such unfair things. We are poor but we have dignity. We are poor but we know when to be proud. We are poor but we have self-esteen. In real world, the respect come by itself. It cannot be created nor destroyed. When I feel such unjustice things for a long run, I seldom smile at such people because I don't wanna pretend. I know it is not good for me not to integrate with locals. But I would like to be a man of my own style rather than adapted. But I don't mean all locals are the same as my colleagues. Because my wife brings back moon cakes from her office quota for me. She is working on site but she gets her share. Her HR manager one day contacts her if she has eaten moon cakes this month. Upon her reply on 'No', next day her HR manager arranged to send her a nice box. Perhaps I am not fortunate to have such considerate colleague that my wife enjoys at her workplace. 

May the people able to fair at their inferior when they got upper hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment