Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Friends for funs

I have very few friends in life and tried to maintain our friendship through frequent calls. Our life style usually change less or more when we got married. However, I tried to make some calls to my friends so that they could able to feel that they are still in my mind. If I fail to call, I at least try to integrate with them through internet by chatting or commenting their photos through Facebook. Sometime my wife would complain that I take more care friends than her. Sometime she would accuse me that I would turn talkative when I talk to my friends. I am particularly quiet when we give a call to our stay away daughter. My wife would unstoppably talked to our daughter when we call through wires. Sometime my wife would jealously say you only remember your friends. Your friends only remember you when they have something to ask you. I would choice to silent when I am being told like that so that I can avoid unnecessary argument.

In fact, I am happy to keep contact with my friends. I make myself ready to help them when they need me. I would take immediate action if I can help. However, sometime I also feel upset to learn some of my friends are tend to be the same as my wife's remark. They would call me to ask something to do for them rather than to say hello how are you and how is your job/family. But I keep entertain. Recently, one of my best friend won local 4D and he didn't tell me the truth price what he had won. I later know exact price indirectly through another mutual friend. In fact, good thing in life should be shared among friends. Surprisingly, he also ignored me when he serve his friends for his winning. Soon after he calls and told me that he wants to buy a land plot with price money. He wanted me to find a suitable plot in mother land because I have better connection than himself.

He even dare to ask me if I could want to sell back my plot at half price. It is not joke, he asked seriously by giving improper reason that the government is going to raise property tax to attempt slow down property price. I was angry with his offer half price but didn't reveal. He keep me calling until he got a plot through my help. From the perspective of my wife, I should have cut our friendship with such guy. But I tried to remember good things he had done for me in past. I saved friendship by forgetting his wrong move. In fact, I helped him a lot when he came here to find a job. I sent him a sponsor letter by the help of my cousin. I arranged accommodation for him. I prepared CV and even wrote a note for interview. It is not fair to see a friend as a provider than a company. Hopefully he will become a considerate friend as the time goes by. I would, on the other hand, try to help him if I got a chance to do so within my capacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment