Thursday, July 5, 2012

When action speaks

Heyyyyyyyyyy,,,,,,,,Tak Tak Tak

A loud sound from entrance door while knocking the iron grilled one. I was preparing food for dinner when it come out. As we afraid of marketing people, our flat used to switch off living room light and make it black room to minimize distract. I was in the kitchen which is seen from entrance of the flat. I stopped my work and went to the door to learn. There was a group of people in which men and women are holding some leaf-flats. Once I close them, I started to greet as a host

Me: Hi, everybody
Ppl: Hi, we are members of town council
Me: yes, then
Ppl: Are you "Aung Myat"? by showing a list of residence
Me: No, I am not
Ppl: Are you SPR? They might have aware I am foreigner as I wear traditional dresses at home.
Me: Sorry, no as well, I am just foreign worker tenant.
Ppl: Never mind, do you know MP for this area as well as cabinet minister is visiting our town? by giving palm flat to me.
Me: Yes, I saw it on the lift lobby
Ppl: can you please step out and just say Hi to minister?
Me: yes, no problem, but....
Ppl: But what?
Me: Bcz I am middle of cooking dinner now.
Ppl: okay,, MP is coming few minutes later,,,hope you finished that time
Me: okay, I'll try to

They left me to organize other neighboring residents. I am just pleasing to learn the way they convince. Guess they are from ruling party and try their best to cheer their elected MP during his visit. I thought, democratic nation like Singapore may not have such behavior before. It's understandable if it happen to communist nation like China, Vietnam and my country itself. We are very used to that our people would be ordered to gather and greet at military leaders when they come their region. Mostly, every household has to provide minimum one person. If the household has not somebody to send, they may have to hire someone from other household by paying daily wages. Now, I am facing something like that in self-claimed republic country. 

Recently, our lady went 5 countries tour at Europe. Everywhere she goes, people from locals as well as visitors followed her to greet. Some even had to come from other countries to get a chance of seeing her only. I am sure, the host countries didn't ask their people to come out and greet her visit. It come by automatically due to their respect of her activities. We have to understand that such respect cannot be bought or forced in long run. Only come by natural respect will eternal at all. I just able to smile myself by thinking alone at my kitchen. To me, it is more important to cook a delicious dinner than greeting a minister. Otherwise, my wife will complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment