Thursday, July 26, 2012

Adverse impact

FEW days after my wife's project was fired, there was another big fatal accident happened in downtown line at Bugis. It was due to collapsing of temporary scaffolding. I was relax for my wife's company as public attention might have changed from their fire news to another fresh one. I however wondered if my fellow citizen involved or not in the accident. It claimed 2 foreign workers from China and Bangladesh. I read detail news in following day newspaper. I could able to sigh to know there was no Myanmar worker involved. 

Today, one close friend chat me to say she is hunting a job now. When I ask why, she said recent accident at Bugis was responsible for her company. Oh God,,,,,,how come my friend is involved it indirectly. It is inevitable their company may have construction permit revoked by BCA. The fatal accident might have made the process more complicated. It eventually affect my friend job. Understand how things are inter-dependent. It is not her fault at all. But she suffer as a consequence of the accident. I recall the time I told my wife to relax on her site firing recently. I told her she can go back home early if got fired due to that accident. She was visibly distraught. However, she later surprisingly finds her boss is quite normal with the matter. Perhaps he may know insurance company will take care of all lost by fire. Anyway it is good for them to retain a job after company's permit revoked.

However, my friend has adverse affect from the accident. She might have lack some luck to favor her. I wish her find a job soonest possible. To be optimistic, she is SPR and needless to worry about visa. Things change by time and we have to accept it as some are beyond our reach. What we can do for those darkest days is to exercise our mind to be calm in advance. Otherwise we would find ourselves in chaos when we suddenly meet life's challenge. 

May all of us able to take lesson from other mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment