Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Disqualified Agent

FIRST time in my life, I went to property show last Sunday in lion city. I have come across a lot property related news on local newspaper. The different for this property show is meant for Myanmar citizen who are working here. The show is organized by one of Myanmar construction company. They are marketing their own-built housing apartment as well as landed properties in some biggest cities of Myanmar. With the prospect of finding one suitable within my budget, I approach to one counter for inquiry. As it is crowd, I direct approached to a marketing person who is sitting at counter. I raised my hand to get attention by a sale personnel. Upon one's attention, I began a question-

Me: Hi, bro
Sale person: yes, may I help you.
Me: How much do we need to make for downpayment?
 SP: 25% Sir
Me: As at paying that 25%, how much physically done on site?
SP: it is considered deposit to enter contract between builder and customer.
Me: So...what does it mean, can you explain a bit more?
SP: At that stage, most likely the project still on paper, yet to start
Me: Then, how do we know when the project is going to start?
SP: it depend situation, can't say for sure
Me: Okay, then what is installation plan?
SP: you have to pay another 25% by the time the project begins.
Me: I see, then how long do you take to finish a project?
SP: mostly 2 years in Myanmar, Sir
Me: I see, when do we pay next payment?
SP: you have to pay in 2 stage during construction for balance 50%.
Me: I see, what if the project stopped half-way?
SP: Ummmm,,,,we usually go as plan.
Me: any condition for compensation clause if builder fail to deliver within agreed time?
SP: Umm...I am not sure as I am not from contract department
Me: Is there any service to link with local banks for financial assistance for customer?
SP: No, it is not our business, you got to deal with them. We only see if you pay in time or not.
Me: I see...then any liability period for any default within certain period?
SP: Umm I am not sure with that question.
Me: Ok never mind, thanks

I step back to let other fellow prospect buyers in after questioning some to sale person. Meanwhile, I notice there are few booklet on the table. When I ask for one copy, another sale person told me with unexpected answer. Sorry, Sir...they are limited edition and we have few copies. They are meant for those customers who are interested in landed properties. I am defeated by a horrible sale person within few minutes frame. I just wonder how did they prepare for oversea marketing. I just eventually console myself that it is because they came from my country. We need to learn a lot to become a professional in our respective sector to give maximum service to our customer unless it is for extra-mile.

May our young generation able to access proper education to make themselves ready for the competitive market.

No comments:

Post a Comment