Wednesday, July 25, 2012

To My Daughter 2

Dear my daughter,

Further to previous post, there are some cautious rules highlighted by author in the book with regard to boys/men. It is pretty right in this world and as a man myself, I agree with the author in this points as well. It seem a form of protest against men/boys but true enough. We have to accept things as it is if we really want to mature in life. The rules are simple but helpful to all age of women. Hope you love it too.

As you get older, you will have to deal with boys. I expect always to be giving you advice and warning you about boys. The basic principle to remember is this: They need you more than you need them. They will make you millions of promises in their frantic pursuit of you. Take it from someone who knows; I can tell the stories better than they can. Just ignore them and say true to yourself. Use your common sense when you start hearing absurd promises, compliments, and flattery. Do not follow a boy to a different school, city, or job. Make the boys follow you.

Be wary: Learn that many men who look old enough to be your father or grandfather do not think of you as their daughter or granddaughter.

Do not get married until you are at least twenty-eight and know a bit more about yourself and the world.

Source: A Gift to My Children by Jim Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment