Thursday, July 26, 2012

Watch your bill

ONE day, I was shopping in nearby NTUC outlet. While I am looking at fish counters, noticed one customer come back and complain at staff for suspicious pricing slip. He is hesitating before he do so. He is buying some form of shell fish and eventually he got justice as the staff admit she makes mistake in weighing process. The mistake is about 3 fold more expensive than it is.

Coincidental, few minutes later, it was my turn to be victim of careless weighing staff. I was fortunately cautious from the recent incident of fellow customer. I took a malon fruit and pass it to her to stick a price slip. I was surprised to learn price tag showing $2.30. I used to buy such fruit and know it is cheap. Then, I go back the rack and review the price which come $0.20 per 100 gram. I understood it is a mistake by staff and straight away go back to staff and complain. She without hesitating, amended the price tag by saying sorry, sorry. After correction, it cost me about $0.80 only. By the time I approach her, she was weighing broccoli which is more expensive than what I bought. When I give my fruit to her, she simply put on scale and stick the printed tag on food without changing unit price. It is understandable human make mistake. But seeing similar mistake within a few minutes span is a little big too frequent I think. It may affect NTUC's reputation if very frequent. Building a brand take considerable time. But it take too short to spoil its reputation if mismanaged. 

We usually neglect those tag because they are not expensive items. But practicing to check small thing will matter us in the long run, I guess. May all customer able to avoid such bitter experience by putting a bit cautious effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment