Monday, February 4, 2013

Meditation Retreat

IT is easier said to go meditation center than practicing. Following failure of several attempt to go oversea trip during CNY long holiday, my wife and I decided to register one meditation retreat than staying at home. In fact, it was my wife who is motivate to go meditation center. To me, I never join week long meditation practice center as a full time participant. Though I have part time experience during my days in Myanmar, I am lacking experience of strict meditation practice. This make me a little bit excite to join though I didn't turn down my wife's proposal. Yesterday, we tried to register at two local centers and got replied by both luckily. Hence, we chose one which is more suit to our condition. 

One venerable monk once said that deciding to donate is more difficult than fighting in a battle. It is really correct for those who are particularly stingy guys. In this respect, I think doing good deeds also more difficult than battling. My wife starts preparing with the things we may need during meditation practice while I keep thinking if I could able to overcome the program properly. I think it is a mountain to climb for me. But i sincerely hope that I'll have enough stamina to pass the test. I try to convince myself that it is going to be great life without computer, mobile phone and internet for a few days at least. And I believe this exercise will make me recharge and feel better upon finish. I'm sure we have made an excellent choice to go through long holiday this year with the probably most meaningful way as a Buddhist. Thanks my wife for encouraging good things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment