Monday, February 18, 2013

Contaminated Happiness

LAST month I won a lucky draw for free air ticket back home from local airline. Couple weeks ago I contact to office to learn that all winners are supposed to use ticket before end of March this year. Hence, I booked for a middle week of March on last Friday though ticket is entitled for a month. Yesterday, I intended to collect my ticket at designated office at Changi airport and gave a call to office to ensure what documents I need to bring along to office to claim my prize. I already asked in previous contact and understood that I just need to verify with original winning ticket. But upon my last minute enquire to them, the staff told me that I needed to bring one recommendation letter from organizer at peninsular plaza.

I was clearly disappointed to learn the new instruction for my ticket collection. No choice, I rushed to peninsular plaza shop to look for a recommendation. Airline told me that they have passed all original recommendation letter with company logo to the sponsor. Once I reached the said shop, the person airline refer to even don't aware about the letter. Later his wife bring in an envelop in which there is a recommendation letter for Bangkok trip winner. Again, I am upset to learn the incident. I feel betrayed and wanted to call airline office to clarify the matter. The sponsor person stopped me and he try to contact airline authority to inform the matter. Then he pass me his mobile to talk with airline country manager directly. Surprisingly, he authorized person told me, I don't need to bring any letter but original ticket to claim air ticket at their office. What a funny is it? Just now its staff asked me to go take letter and now suddenly say no need. Feel make me bullshit. I have spent $10.00 for taxi fares to reach there from office.

Trying to keep anger, I try to double confirm on what else I need with country manager of airline. He said, I need to pay insurance, fuel surcharge and airport tax on both sides which may cost me S$ 186.00. Complete shit over thrown at me. Then how do I say it free ticket? I could easily buy a ticket with just over $100.00 on budget airline when promotion come. After trying not to show anger, I reiterated office address and operation hour to go and collect my ticket. As given time is favorable, I took taxi all the way to Changi airport terminal 1 arrival hall. Then continue to follow their direction through mobile in advance. I can't simply find it and asked 3 information counter staffs who gave me inaccurate answers. I asked almost 10 persons to reach there. It was 5:30pm and I still unable to find the office and gave a call to airline office again to direct. Then, I understand their office is in the next building to terminal 1 building. I never experienced before such long searching address in Singapore. Let it be. Finally I reached there through the help of passer by. I had some conversation time with country manager on how to improve their customer service. He seem sorry to me but never offered a cup of water. I am visibly sweat and wipe my sweat by tissue while talking. I am of course complete frustrated in return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment