Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bad for Good

ONE fine afternoon, CM called me his room and revealed his difficulties on firing one of my colleague who is working the same department. He is apparent not happy with the task he is supposed to do as a head. He has no choice but to do it like merciless man. He also told me where instruction come from as well as some reasons to sake my fellow junior QS. It was pre-CNY holiday and I presumed that the adverse decision would be diverted upon after CNY. I cautiously told my friend about the matter so that she could take necessary action. At the same time, I persuaded her to join me for meditation retreat during CNY holiday to make her destiny better.

The news became more accurate when another senior colleague told me upon his return from CNY home visit. I pause to think the matter and asked myself if I should tell my friend in advance or not. It took me one day to disclose the matter to my friend and advise her to start hunting new job. Coincidentally, CM called my friend and me on the same evening to formally tell the bad news. I was brought in to be witness and perform translator if needed. It is first ever time I see my company fire to its staff and I was sadden by news. I tried to help my friend in preparing new cover letter and resume for hunting new job with immediate action. She is still under 30 and got potential to catch a suitable job within allowable time. It took her few days to explore the job market, she received several interviews and luckily she had found a job she wanted by today. I am equally happy for her successful mission. It may indirectly encourage all of us to look out for seeking career advancement. Because she has managed to get a better job with better pay which needs her work only 5 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment