Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Lady


THE world's media call her the lady, we affectionately call her Amay (mother) Su. She is another quality product from Burma to date. My country has been generating few world renowned leaders to date and she is one of those few elite list. The world had seen first ever Asian UN general secretary from Burma for instance. She is not coming from the ordinary background family. She has blood of our national hero general Aung San who is assassinated by fellow citizen just before the nation independent. Her grand-father was also popular national hero of anti-British in his time. So no wonder she has been politically famous not only in domestic but all over the world for his unrivaled service to mother land.

She set up NLD (National League for Democracy) and won 1990 election by landslide. But her party wasn't handed over to date since then. Instead, she had to make her own house a jail. Since her blood is so red, surrendering is not a word for her dictionary. She keep going and presenting the people's choice. She is never armed any weapon but the million soldier army afraid of her. There must be some kind of powerful in her mind. She is caged for more than decades but Junta never think of relax. She must has possess some magic power. She is quietly staying in her own house but the world has been awarding her several honorable prices. She must have an internationally recognized brain. People are proud of her non-violence activities but she still fail to get a place in our brand new parliament. Recently she went parliament to attend national work shop for business review with the invitation of President. People are too happy to see her in the photo of journals. I can't imagine how much people would be happy if she really acquire the right post in this parliament.

To be honest, I am not admirer of this powerful lady until I listen her question and answer section through video conference with the sponsor of Hong Kong University's 100th years anniversary. I thought she is making herself too safety without recognizing those who died for democracy previously. I thought she is too silent to fight back Junta. I thought she will never get power by non-violent method. I thought she is not as good as world's media stated. I thought world's media over awarded her so that they can involve in our politic more. I thought NLD is taking advantage from the donates of outside world by just branding. In general, I don't have valuable respect to the lady and her party until I listen to her speech.

Coincidentally, I was listening the speeches of 4 candidates of recent presidential election that time. Also I am always listening the PM's national day rally as well as other minister's speech whenever I got a chance in this country. Sometime I listen other leaders of the region in the media coverage. It make me do effectively comparison between the lady and the leaders of the ASEAN. I was overwhelmingly impressed by her answers to the students and lecturers of the Hong Kong University's 100th year celebration recently. The question cover very wide range from politic to religious, from human right to education, from democracy to healthcare, etc. I can't remember everything she speaks as there are so much cover and deep in depth.

I respected the way she speak in English and the way she answer to all questionnaire through video conference technology. It is instant question and answer. There is no room to be thought/ considered. But her answers are smooth and impressive. The lecturers and students are asking her as a genius. They paid her fully respect upon her manner. She seem so charming and so mature as a human being. I fully recommend those Q&A section to you if you haven't listen yet. It can be access via youtube. What you need to do is just type Aung San Su Kyi and thy youtube will suggest a lot related upload with regard to her. I hope you all like it and respect and appreciate the words she spoken. I even decided to do for her in future if I am give a chance. I hope I can get my wish sooner or later.

Sincerely hope Burma will has its version of female President in near future. If Thailand could have female PM, why not for Burma? I tell you it'll come sooner than later. Just wait and see how. Time will tell us the truth story as this land is belong to those who give more than 100% like the lady. I believe people will follow her good leadership when she conquer the presidential house in NPD. We can smell the changing now and sure we will see her wear the national dress and sit on president's seat sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment