Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A flat of my choice


MY sister and I were so tired after climbing up and down of more than 10 flats which are higher than 4th story. We're going another township with the prospect of finding a suitable one. In fact we are distraught with the manner of talkative agents. We are getting understand the condition of market and the possible flat type we can buy with our budget. We can summarize ourselves that we can't get a normal flat without spending more than 10 millions local currency. The whole afternoon had been spent on one township flats and we could able to satisfy with one hall-type flat which cost us 16 millions Kyat. We continue our hunting journey by taxi and make appointment with a sister of my friend couple who are also working in Singapore.

My friend couple had bought 2 flats in one housing and they strongly recommend me to buy one within their premise. She explained me how their flat look like and how pleasant their surrounding is just before I return home land. I didn't go there first because the flat price of that housing is far beyond my budget. However, after I made some survey around, I understood that the hall-type flats prices also raised and beyond my budget. Thus, I wanted to give a try in those housing in which flat come room-type. The housing is located in a popular township and easily accessible by public transport. It's mature estate and situated amidst of landed property. I guess the price would be sky high even I haven't seen the flat. I see surrounding of the housing when I first time go in by taxi.

The sister of my friend help me arrange with potential sellers to view their flats physically. Firstly I take a rest for a while at her flat and study how the flat is lay out and built. I straight away liked the flat style by seeing their house. It's healthy flat which receive enough natural lighting and ventilation. It come by separate rooms in which 2 bedrooms, living, dinning, kitchen and common bath & WC. One level is composed of 4 flats and all flats are corner. Thus there would be no other neighboring apartment/project to steal our light and air. Since it's done by government's housing authority's supervision, the flats come solid and appear good quality finishing. Each flat has its own balcony as well as wide verandah. My sister and I were happy to see the flat and both agree to buy such flat rather than hall type flat which we saw in previous visit to other towns.

There are two options available, one come without furnish at level 3 for 18 millions while another come with fully renovation at level 4 for 20 millions. We go and sight seeing two flats available for final decision and price negotiating. We met flat owners and it's positive for us not to medium any property agent. In addition, there need not to talk land owner as this housing is owned by government. I asked the sister of my friend for the cost of renovation her house. She said it cost them about 5 millions recently for timber parquet at living room and bed rooms, tiling at bath, wc and kitchen, security iron grilling at all windows and entrance door. It help me to decide on how much we should ask the owner to lower down the asking price. Finally, we choice the furnished flat at level 4 for 19 millions, 10 millions less from asking price. We verbally agree on the case and make appointment for deposit and sign pre-contract. We could able to sight after that. We tentatively finished the mission and it's going to continue until we make final contract within 2 week time. It's not going to be easy as we don't know what are procedure and how to check if the flat seller are real owners and there is no hidden risks.

We consult with my cousin sister if we need to hire lawyer or not. She got a lot experience on local property market and she advise me to better hire layer for further documentation checking and final step of contract. I agree with her and travel to my home town at upper Burmese. We paid 300,000 deposit and make appointment within 2 week time before I return Singapore. What're waiting me ahead? I can't stop keep thinking of this. At the moment, I try to think of joyous moment by meeting my princess in my hometown. It's been about 9 months I haven't seen her and I am back now to attend her 1 year Birthday celebration. I have partially done for one mission attached this time visit. What is going to happen in my final contract. Please stay tune in. I'll be back in next post.

To be continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment