Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Country of Captains


I THOUGHT only my country is prone to captain since it's military rule state. By time, army has generated a lot captain from its two academies. The army captain are more exposure to public this days. Some even jokingly told if the rank of captain is the lowest rank in our army. What matter to our army is failing to recruit lower ranking ordinary soldiers. It's always major issue among international communities that our army is misusing under-age soldiers in its activities. I don't know if such news are correct or not. But it's most likely to be true because nobody wants to join army unless it is for officers. Probably last time it can attract some youth to join in and now people's thinking of army has changed since army continuously ruling our people with iron-fists.

Just let it be now as I just want to share what I am experiencing in the country I am working now with you. I am foreign worker in a small island state and everyday I need to commute between work and home. In this point, I noticed that bus driver in here are called "bus captain". I believe train driver also would be called "train captain" despite I have no chance to see them close by as they work in the separate cabin.

Again, I see some captains on the restaurant. How? The waiter and waitress are supervised by their senior staff and he/she is called "staff captain". Wow,,,I appreciate it. Because it's the way that can make people feel loving their career. It's not unusual to see or being called captain at army officer in our society. Moreover the ship has also a captain to maneuver it to the destination. I'm not sure if we can call a pilot as a captain of a plane in real world. But we won't be surprised to learn it as well.

Recently I saw a government advertisement for recruitment. This is from the department of prison service and I surprisingly notice one photo attach with advertisement. It read the captain of lives. What a good name isn't it? I love to read it and praise to those who create this post. I believe people would love to be called as a captain. Of course I am not exception since I am just a lay man who has no way to become one at the moment. It would be surprise if I can get a chance to become one of captain one day.

Recently our government announced military draft and may be the new law will force me join army in future for national service. Hopefully I can have a chance to become a captain if I am suppose to do so. Only time will tell me. Unless it's happening to me within life time, what I can tell for sure is I'ld be the captain of my own life and family. Nobody will deny that.

No comments:

Post a Comment