Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am ABU


I AM A NEUTRAL football fan and don't have a particular team to madly support all the way like some of my friends do. But I notice that most of Asian people are supporting EPL clubs and most popular clubs from EPL are Man U and Liverpool unarguably. I don't have good stamina and I don't play football even for a fan in my life. But I can sense if a match is a good or bad by experience. From my experience of watching to date, I feel, like some football analysts and managers, Man U is getting some kind of favour by match official. It's doubtless that they are the most popular club in the world. To me is I'ld love to join their fan if they win fairly and play attracting football. In fact, their current team is not capable of producing an attracting football. Fortunately they top the table this year and they seem proud of that.

The voice their players, manager, fans are something like Man U is forbidden club and there is no other club in this world to match their quality. Gradually, I unnoticeably hate this club and started to support any other club playing against them. This year, they boasted that they are going to be a new invicible team like Arsenal produced in 2004/05 season until they are recently beaten by a bottom table club team Wolve. I was very much agree and enjoy by the time Spur manager Harry comment them as "not so invicible" just before their encounter with Man U. He added the quality of current Man U can be beaten at any given time by a one other club. He doesn't need to wait so long to proof he is right. Soon after Man U defeated to Wolve by 2:1.

In view of above, of course I support from Chelsea side when they play this morning. Since the match is much anticipated among football fans, no matter how late it's coming, we wake up and enjoy it. To me is watching Man U fall into drain mean extra bonus. What a wonderful sense is it? I know most of referee made decision in favor of United. This time, when the decision come seemingly against them, as usual, they started to fume and pointed out almost every where. What a bad habit is it? Is it the behavior of high earning professional? Within injury time, United concede 2 yellow cards and 1 red card. Effectively bar their influential captain Vidic from coming Sunday visit to Anfield. Hopefully United's fall will continue at the Anfield and my favourite team Arsenal leap frog to United to top table.

You may want to argue with me telling Arsenal is my favourite. I love to see them playing as their touch & play game is so sweeten to every football lovers. No matter they win or lose, they will never change their philosophy of attacking football. I like this kind of attitude. I appreciate the way they approach game. United would change their tactic game by game. People keep saying Ferguson as a guru of football. Probably they are right because he keep Old Traffic hot seat for decades and still counting. I can't be argue with that. But I hate to see United players wasting time deliberately when they are winning during a match. I noticed that as they treat it the same method whenever they play. The goal keeper will stroll with the ball. The outside ball would be taken slowly. What a waste time is it? Fans are paying their hard earn money for playing attacking football. Not playing with the fools around in the pitch. But United won't hesitate to do such crazy thing. They don't care about people's feeling if they can win. I don't see this is attitude of professionals.

In Singapore, there are two purpose built clubs called ABU and NBU. Anti-United fans join ABU (Anything But United) while United fans would join NBU(Nothing But United). Then these two clubs would go football party and fight at each other. This kind of atmosphere are usually organized by a business company like Carlberg Beer Firm. No matter what's their purpose, if I have to join one, without a fraction of a second, it'ld be ABU I'll join because I love to see United lose. Unfortunately most people around me support United and hope this cannot make my feeling change in future. As long as I am watching and enjoying football matches, I'll keep supporting any fine club against United.

No comments:

Post a Comment