Thursday, March 10, 2011

Help Soft Power


MARCH 8 is international women day and the whole world is celebrating to recognize women's part in building our world. It's good manner to praise them properly since they are irreplaceable people. The real fact is we can survive without men in this world. But imagine what's going to become in this world without them. For sure the birth rate goes down and no replacement source and finally our world's population would reach zero. Lets forget about population, there would be more crime rate unless women exist in this world I think. Because some men will hesitate to do some bad things that women dislike. For example, there is less success rate in only male schools than mix-sex schools. Likewise the same happen in only female schools. There is one saying in my country that "A hand that cradle can rule this universe". How can we have Mr. Obama without his mother? So does Bill Gate.

There are several women who make my life meaningful and enjoyable. They may include my mother, elder sisters, female teachers & friends, wife and of course my little daughter. I won't have been exist in this planet unless my mother was making some attempt to bring in. Thanks mum for her contribution towards my family and me from the day 1 of my life until she departs this world. She taught me how to share good things between siblings. She is not an educated person but she still have some great things to share us. We learned, for instance, the important of honesty among human society from her.

Other than my mother, I have so many women to be grateful in my life as mentioned above. First of all, they must be my elder sisters. Since my father passed away when I was so young and mum was always busy with house-works, they became sole guardian of my life. They are my early teachers as well as my playmates. They raised my life all the ways from KG students to university graduate. We are not a rich family and we need to share most common things in daily life such as clothes, foods, school text-books, etc. I think it makes us bond and united than those who are from economically better families. We help each other when we are doing our daily jobs helping to house works. When I went to institute, my supply source came from my sisters who work in civil sectors. They needed to save their hard earning to enable providing me in necessities. Now we all are quite independent. Some have been married and some still spinsters. But we are loving each other like before when we have time spend together. The time never change our attitude.

Secondly, I have few female teachers who has helped my life through their kindness. I recall my younger days that I can't afford to pay tuition fees because there are so many school children within family. My parent are not working adults. The only thing they can do for money is just selling their valuable items such as gold jeweleries, furniture, etc. By time, these properties are gone and they are helpless to create enough income for 5 school going childs. Of course we are suffering from that, we don't want to take tuition though we need them. In that point, some female teachers who are conducting tuition offered us for free. It look likes a scholarship to us. We would be down when the time come to end of the month in the non-sponsor tuition. The teacher will remind repeatedly to take tuition fees at the end of month. My parent would seek some loans from the relatives to ease the pressure of ours. So I would like to express my thankfulness to those teacher who has a kind heart. I have other kind teachers who helped me pass through difficult moments in life. I will have to write a long story if I am suppose to write them all about.

I can't ignore some friend's effort in stepping my life's ladder. It's most likely to be female friends as I notice that most of clever school-mates or college-mates are women. Since I aim high, it's inevitable to make them my friend so that I can ask for some help. I couldn't have gone further without their helps. They will always be ready to help my problems not only school related but life's matters. I think without some good friends, somebody can't go much further. I appreciate the important of friends but I have few good friends in my life. I am quite stubborn in making new friends as my own ruler to assess new friend appear quite strict. I don't want to friend to those who are not good at academy results. Probably it make me weak in social relationship and effectively impact on my interpersonal skills. Anyway I can't forget the important of my very good friends in my life. I won't have been here today without their contributions.

Another person I have to thank would be my wife. She devoted much of her time in helping me since she was my ordinary college-mate through my life's partner. She changed my life a lot. She always reminds me on things I am not expertise. She'll highlight on the things I am wrongly doing. Without her, my life would be much like a boat without a peddle. She made me a husband as well as a father by delivering our very first child recently. Nobody would have given me better gift as she did. I am very much grateful for her loving kindness and effort to make me more mature man. Without her, how can I imagine a family life? I owe her my life in deed and hopefully I can perform as a good husband for her in the rest of my life.

The last person I want to appreciate is my newly world, called my daughter. She came into my life without signal. She board on this planet in the date she wanted rather than our designation date. What a strange is she? Something more? Yes she is assumed that reincarnation of my best friend. Sound strange? I hope my thinking is not baseless because my deceased friend continuously gave us dream just before we knew my wife has a pregnancy. It was surprise as we had no intention to start family life since we are yet to settle in new life. Being migrant workers, we wanted to make some enough fund to begin family life. But our daughter came at the time she wanted. But we later thanks her for coming early as we both are mid 30 now. We are not considered young couple in deed. Again we face a difficult task to leave her at our home town so that we can go back work for dollar at oversea country. It's quite bitter to taste for a new family. She is just victim and we are failing to give our love to her enough. Thanks her for not creating any problem since she came to our life. She is as smart as it is. We love her so much and we always try to seek a way to reunited with her here now. Hopefully we can manage a day to come sooner or later.

In this world, there have been voice for gender equality. There has been some rules that effectively bar women's right in this world. They are the target of human trafficking and I believe most of unfair stories are not surfaced in favor of male's power. I am disappointed to learn that the a muslim man can marry up to 4 wives officially while the Muslim woman who went wrong can be stoned till death. It's totally wrong concept and unfair I believe. I am surprise to see such kind of unfair rule are still working in this modernized world. I read news oftenly about sexually abusive to them. Some employers rape their maids who has less chance to get justice. Recently Indonesia's maid's murder to her Saudi employer is a good example. She is sentence to death for her defense. I don't think it's fair verdict. It's universal right for everybody to defend themselves if the danger arisen. She should be released unconditionally. The Indonesia government is trying to help her and wish her good luck and get revised sentence. Some teacher are taking sexual advantages from their female student by misusing their power. The most strange news make me shock is father rape their own daughters. What a bullish effort? Such kind of people shouldn't be within our society. Thanks for any justice/ laws that prevent the safety of our women. Hopefully the international communities can seek a better collaboration to generate more relevant rules that can put all possible offenders at they bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment