Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dad's excuses


DEAR my princess, it, again, has been so long I failed to write a letter for you. I don't want to give you excuses for that but I'm pretty busy here. However I keep tracking your updated news so that we can console our minds that miss you badly. It doesn't matter how often it's repeated, your mum and I were happy to listen your growing up condition. My eldest sister who is your personal-in-charge ever has something to share about you whenever we call her. We keep call her and asking about you is what we can do from an ocean away, my daughter. We understand that it won't be kind enough for you by just giving a call especially you are so young to speak/listen/understand the sound of words. But we do believe, you are given the best service so far we can achieve from my native land. We do consider the comfort of your daily life as well as secure way that can keep your health optimum.

Are you really missing your parent, baby? I am dreaming you every day this period. I met you in night and talking in the dream. I admit previously I didn't dream about you. But suddenly I dreamt you continuously and I doubt if you are seriously missing us. If there is one person to be blamed for this sorrowful departing, it'ld be mine. I, you dad, felt guilty whenever I think about it. Your mum sometime will raise some unanswered questions. I am so pain but I don't answer her questions. She used to ask me when we can live together as a family. When we can take care of you earliest. Being a husband, I am the most responsible for trying to union.

I sometime asking myself if we are risking your life for dollars. It's never reaching to black and white answer. Dear, my princess, we can't do much without money in this life. And the life seem more cruel on poor people like us because finding breads for the while family by a one man is not possible in our country. Nobody would like to opt alien way for the prospect of a better life if a reasonable life can be found within our boundaries. In fact, we are just a victim of a bad system. We don't have a good leader who always care of people. We don't have a leader who always think of people's comfort. We don't have a policy maker who always set up a good policy that favour people. At the end of the day, we, being ordinary people, have no right but to accept.

But I promise you, I'll try of my best so that we can live together. I am not happy to let you live with others despite they are your relatives. I believe they'll take extra care of you in the absence of us. We'll provide more than enough financial them so they don't have any extra burden upon taking care of you. Being migrant worker ourselves, we can't earn so much, dear. Moreover, we are much look like a tree on the bank of a river working here. Locals always complained to their government for allowing foreign workers in to work. So we feel we are not welcomed and that's why we are brink of returning home at any given time. I don't know what will happen to me tomorrow and what I can do is only do my best here. I'll try to save money as much as possible for the sake of your better future. I'm already mid-age of life and all we can do now is for you only as you are my only one heiress.

In view of above, I beg you to understand the current situation of our family being stay apart. Hope you are smart baby and understand my words later if you can't understand it now. I crazily gambling sometime with the prospect of shortest way back to you. But it's not a right way to do so and I remind myself not to derail my ambition of being living together. Lets pray for a better karma that can favor and put our family life together asap, my princess. This is the only way we can do at the moment and look forward you agree with me here.

Have a good day, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment