Thursday, February 17, 2011

Myanmar's Gifted Son


LEE KUAN YEW's latest book revealed how Singapore's founding leaders transform this 714 sq-km tiny island with no resource to a metropolitan city. The book is made by a Q&A style so that it can attract younger generation. The straits time's 7 writers posted serial questions and MM Lee tried to answer his view according to his vast political experiences. It is pretty interesting to read for me and no wonder it has become a best seller book since it's released to market. The book come together with an video CD of their interviewing so that the readers can enjoy not only words but action of Singapore's most gifted son. At the one point of preface, the authors even told "to understand about Lee is to understand about Singapore". What a good phrase is it? In fact, MM Lee has given his life for his country and he can be told he is born toJustify Full make Singapore. He have been in the politic now for over 50 years and still influence on current's leaders. Since his party, PAP, is ruling party, he has proof his concept/ ideas of politic is still working despite changing demands by time. It really makes me possess one copy of this book to understand his effort and believe it's worthy for S$39.90, the price of this book.

I understood how a remarkable man can contribute a country if he has a political conviction for the people. If Lee Kuan Yew can be called Singapore's gifted son, then I would like to call our national hero general Aung San as the same basic. Why? Beyond doubt, he could have fought tougher battle than MM Lee did because my country is bigger in size and population. I remember what Malaysia's minister said in the wake of Wiki leak news regarding to Malaysia by MM. He voiced that managing a city like KL is much easier than managing a country. I, personally, agree with him. It's truth to any where. The more I understand about Lee, the more I feel sorry for our national hero. I oftenly paused reading and asking myself what if our hero wasn't assassinated. I dare to say, my country would be one of the leading country in Asia if not in World. We knew by history that he, general Aung San, is always hungry to build up country. He always think of how to make this country develop.

We lost such leader at the earliest stage by ourselves. I am sure that moment is a turning point of our country to go all the way to drain. He used all of his time in politic and he even knew that he'ld be die sooner or later by assassination before he die. As he said he was assassinated by his colleague who crazy to get power. Our national hero knew that our history wasn't good since early dynasty. Son dare to kill father to become a king. That kind of behavior make our country far behind from the outer world. My country is known for its natural resources. I feel upset whenever I see report labeling my country as a impoverish country. The land constantly produce the best resources and people are still struggling by living in the bad condition. What make us become like that? I think is because of lacking a honest and able leader like Lee Kuan Yew.

I believe Myanmar is badly missing such leader and seemingly it'll continue for further time since the recently election was just a make-up change rather than actual effective manner. What the people can do now is just waiting for a right change that can favor their benefit. So would I.

No comments:

Post a Comment