Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hard Truths


HARD TRUTHS, a book written by a founder of Singapore. It has been best selling book since released in local market as well as oversea. I read some news related to this book even before it was sold to public. I noted the price at S$39.90 available at the local book store and I eager to own one copy to enjoy myself. Probably I'll buy it during this CNY holiday as I may have much time to read through. I hope I can learn something from that famous book as it was made by several Q&A sections according to media.

On contrary, there has been controversy related to this book with regard to Malay community. Some malay firm had shown their unhappiness with comments made in this book. They also asked the government if the comments reflect to government's policy or not. Today paper quoted PM's speeches regarding to those queries read those comments are arisen by one opinion of MM and not related to government. What a sentimental issue to respond especially in the time close to next GE. I am, however, pleased with the way answered by PM Lee. He even talked some comments made by MM Lee who is his father as well are not the same with his opinion personally.

Anyway, this book has been success in the market. People in Singapore as well as all over the world respect to MM Lee and I am sure it'll make them interest in this book. Moreover, the developing nations who admire Singapore's success will want to own one copy to glance how did they try to make this tiny island become world's metropolitan city. My country is 17 years older than this island state in term of getting independence. We got independence on 1948 and Singapore got 1965. Nowadays 17 years younger nation is far ahead of us. Yesterday our country reopen its parliament house to convence with elected MPs from 14 regions. Meaning we are going to transform democratic just now. We are kindergarten stage while Singapore has grown up now.

If I am afford to buy and able to donate, I wish to buy this book for all MPs who are attending the parliament and let them understand how they tried to build their nation. Once they started to build their nation, our country seems top regional country and even they look at us as a ideal city. I noted from the elder's words and unidentified sources. Logically it can be true as we received well managed city and country from English and the different is we failed to maintain the momentum and improve it. Army coup in 1962 from the civilian government made our country derail and never get back to a right path since then.

I never read political books as I have no intention to enter political world. It doesn't mean I don't love my country in fact. I think people outside political circle can contribute their country by someway. In this days, I personally see politicians mostly are cynical. They are doing this for their benefit rather than country's. I understand the political people are not innocent and they need to make some dirty tricks at the expense of people. That's why I won't join the political world even I am given a chance to do so. But I am of course willing to see my country grow up in the right way. I'll try to participate in building new nation by some means. Hopefully the MPs can make some impact among army-prone parliament and wish them write a good history for themselves as well as for nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment