Thursday, February 10, 2011

Holiday Adventure 4


WE reached Malacca, world's heritage city of Malaysia, on evening 5:30pm local time. Malacca Bus Station is more systematic and modernize compare to Johor Bahru's one. The building is relatively big and appeared air-conditioned inside. We don't want to use taxi to go down town and so we entered into the main building in search of public bus. I suddenly saw a group of my fellow citizen in side the building and approached to them and ask for information. They explained me how and where to. Then we went to bus ticket operator's counters for return ticket.

"Feb 5, 6, 7 sold out" the sign board greeting us on every counter of Singapore bus. That day was 4th Feb that is second day of official Chinese New Year. We were again disappointed to learn the situation. We went one counter after another with the prospect of getting ticket. There are about 10 counters there for Singapore Bus. After realizing actual situation we decided to take JB bus and interchange to SMRT bus. Unfortunately again, JB ticket also unavailable. Wow, what should we do next? Think of go KL and get S'pore Bus. But even less chance I believe. The train service was stopped by several floods and it makes the bus route more crowded than usual I think. Later we met one lady who helped us getting 3 ticket for S'pore. We are in the unbelievable mode but cautious. The ticket she is selling is full of correction and each ticket come two pieces. I bought it although it is suspicious. Because we have no choice but buy it now. It cost us RM22.00 each because it's direct bus to S'pore according to her.

After solving out bus ticket problem, we moved from there to search intercity bus. We met several bus that are look like public bus and asked driver if he go down town or not. The driver cannot speak English and conductor help me translate and get the correct bus no. So we changed bus and sit empty seat behind with excitement. We curious around and noticed there are some fellow citizens nearby seats. Without hesitating, I asked them if this is correct bus or not. They confirm and ask me where to go. I told them we just arrived here and no idea on where to go. I told him I need to find hotel room and let me know if the bus reach hotel zone. He said, he also bringing his friends from KL to visit there and I decided to follow them so as not to miss the way.
The conductor came later and we gave RM1.00 for each ticket he gave.

More than half an hour driving, we arrived tourist attraction area. The local time is already 6:45pm. We have no choice to follow them to save time. After 10 minutes walking, we reached the main area of tourist visiting. The new high rise building make me forget the way to go. Once I reach the museum, I recalls my last visit days. Then I restore my confidence and we visit some area before dark. First I am suppose to find a room, later I understood from local that it's impossible to get a room this peak season without booking before. So I decided not to waste our time in finding a room and visit some areas instead. After visiting few places, we departed with the group as they are moving slowly and will go back home later evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment