Friday, February 11, 2011

The facts


YESTERDAY Singapore's the most gifted son, MM Lee, identified 3 key factors to keep Singapore well being in his 10 minutes speech at one Chinese New Year Dinner. It makes me really interested and can't stop thinking if my country got these abilities. It's obvious we can't be close in quality of world's first class country but we can expect having some of what they have owned in life. Let me draw these 3 factors here to analysis. They are:-

1) Racial harmony
2) Stable society to attract investors
3) High quality people

I asked myself if we have the above fact in my native land. First of all come with races, Singapore have only 3 majors races that is Chinese, Indian and Malay. But in my country, there are 137 races in all with majority of Burma. It seem difficult to fulfill all races desires by central government. As a relatively big country, some ethnic races keep demanding for separate since getting independence on 1948. As a result the government army keep busy with fighting with ethnic rebels for decade. I believe it effect our nation development because military budget become heavy burden on our budget. Most of budget gone for these unnecessary cost and the other important field such as education and health care got suffer being neglected.

Second, stability of society, how do we get stability without a unity? The government failed the programme to exchange peace and arm with ethnic people several time. I think is lacking desire to show patriotism among serial leaders. The leaders are known for self-centered in the history. Without a shadow of doubt, the foreign investor won't come without stable society that miss to my country. First thing first, the government should solve out this problem by holding enough meetings through diplomatic ways. I'm sure there is a will, there would be a way. I want to urge both side to trim their extremism and find a middle way in favor of state. There have been decades long wasting time and money by non-sense fighting. We should have understood that is not the right way to achieve our goals.

Third and finally, MM Lee pointed out the educational level of people to make a nation developed. What a great comment to highlight? I see it the most important thing for every single nation to go right way to developing nation. To be realistic, my country's education worsen by time as a result of negligence by authority. It's hilarious to learn colonial life education system was better than present day one. How come like that? The English made it systematic even though it's not their own, why not our own government? Everybody knows the answer by common sense but we have been through this bad education without amending. As a result, younger generation become less educated and they eventually become inconsiderate citizen easily. The government failed to give quality education and create enough jobs to maintain its educated people. Without quality education, there is no chance to have a high quality people society who can help nation build. On the other hand, there is no scholarship scheme for top students to get a chance to access western education. Where got ambition? Has it been gone effectively by state? Where is their willingness to make this nation developed? I see nothing improvement regarding with amendment of chaos education. I might have been a pessimist for you but I think most fellow citizen will agree with me this.

MM Lee had proof his ideas are working by building a developed country to the rest of world. So his words of advice are appear to be adapted by all inferior nation leaders or people. How about our country's newly born president? I personally think people will doubt the ability of him since he came from army trained education. Politic is not all about knowing how to fight in a battle. It would be must demanding with widen areas. Our leaders seem powerful within domestic. If they feel they are real powerful, why not out to world to expose their quality? I no wonder to learn there is no congratulation letters from world leaders to our brand new president. It's embarrassing thing to know being a citizen of these country. I have read a lot congratulation letters flowing through the world over such election result. No matter who rule our country as long as he/she is able and take care of our people, I would be glad to see and will appreciate their effort.

This pose is just my personal feeling and not deemed correct. But it'll reflect how I wish as an ordinary man of a poor nation with vast natural resources. May my country find a quality leader soonest possible in favor of people's relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment