Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Holiday Adventure 3


JOHOR BAHRU Sentral, the train station next to ICA building but there are no train service due to flooding. We entered to this station through overhead bridge and follow the directions to City Square Mall. Most of the shops are closed due to CNY time and still early morning. We found some shops that are already opened and walk around without specific reason in mind. Moment later, we saw a shop named "Reject Shop" that is quit big and we go through in search of a good thing. We met a group of fellow citizen who are working in JB there and I asked them for some information. I asked them how to go Kota Tinggi, a waterfall, by public transport and they explained me the way. I noted and continue to shop there. We still have no idea to stay overnight in M'sia and think of short visit.

During shopping, my spectacle frame broken and I was upset. There was no enough time to wait for new frame and glasses in spec shop there. So I tried to use it temporarily during trip. After shopping at the few shops, we went to Larkin Bus Station by intercity bus line. We paid RM1.00 each for fare. Everywhere is new to us. We don't know how long will it take and how is it alike. After half an hour drive, we got the Bus station where all inter-state buses are met. We found a lot people shouting for bus ticket marketing. They won't hesitate to approach and ask to any potential traveller. We declined to their query and find for a restaurant for lunch. We stop at a Malay restaurant and enjoy malay style foods and asked staff about Kota Tinggi bus. They are only talking malay language and we left the shop for searching bus.

At one place, I saw the bus with the sign board of kota tingi and approached it and asked driver if he'll go kota tinggi or not. He brought me and showed me another bus that is suppose to go there. I don't like their behavior and look around for help. Luckily I found a group of my fellow citizens who are talking not far away from us. So I went there and ask about Kota Tinggi. They asked me if there is any friend there or not. I said "NO", this is first time visit there. I told them that I thought I can find a room there easily. He laughed at me and ask me to stop dream. He added that the bus won't even reach kota tinggi area. I'll need to use taxi to reach water fall place. I was surprised to learn that and felt lucky to ask him. On the spot, I decided not to go there and asked my company if they want to return S'pore or go other cities.

After few discussion, we chose to go ahead without a proper plan. We think of 3 Cities, KL, Penang & Malacca. We asked the same guy how long will it take us to reach penang, he said about 8 hours drive. So we avoid to go there due to time limit. Then reject KL as my wife already been there before. Finally we all decided to go Malacca because it's nearest tourist city from JB. We approached bus ticket company and purchased 3 adult tickets that cost us RM19.00 each. The bus depart JB on 2:30pm for Malacca. We don't know how long will it take to us and also no idea on where to stay. But I think it make us this trip exciting enough. By this way we continue our trip deep in Malaysia. The bus took us about 3:00 hour and reach Malacca bus station local time 5:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment