Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Water conscious woman 6



DOOM, BENG, VOON,.......
The sound used to come out at the night time and it's due to mouse and rat playing around the kitchen area. They are as big as a cat and don't even afraid of people around. They are nesting on the ceiling and they'll run through the whole night time. At first, we were surprised to heard it and even thought of ghosts. Later we realize this is because of mouse. At night, we are supposed to switch off the light of kitchen. The toilet and bathroom is next to kitchen and we need to go through kitchen. When we switch on the light, we can easily see the mouse everywhere on the table, sink, stove and dish shelf. They are finding foods from the unwashed pan and plates that are put in the sink purposely to save water. As I said before the landlord lady used to wash the whole day used plates and pan on the following day early morning. This habit make mouse and rat easier to find their favorite foods without necessary to go neighbour houses. It's disappointing to heard noisy sound on the ceiling of our room because we cannot sleep soundly. But we have to live in such situation until we moved out for new place when my wife got pregnant. Thanks newly incoming baby girl for making us move from this hell.

In term of hygiene view, this is not only case to be solved out. There are another awesome case in the same house. This is rain water containers that are stored for several months. Some months everyday raining and Aunty need not to use her storage rain water put in the corner. The problem is these containers are not properly covered. So Mosquitoes could able to egg in those containers and it dramatically became the heaven of mosquito. I was shocked to see them alive in those plastic containers. One of my friend is working in the sub-contractor who provide transportation to officers of NEA when they regularly check within communities to make sure there are not such practice. I understand from my friend that there are strict law in place to fine those who are not complying NEA rules and regulations. He shared me that offiJustify Fullcer can fine the owner of flat/house if they find even 5 nos of mosquito embryo in the flower pots of shrine room. It seems so strict for resident to follow. But it's good practice for community and the reason of why Singapore is famous among the countries of world.

I wonder why NEA officer never come our quarter to check such things. During my staying in these bungalow house for 1.5 years, I never seen them come and check. May be they came when I was out of room. But I am sure they will easily fine them as all containers are put in front of house. One reason I can find is that this bungalow is situated within the opposition ward. It's likely to consider that ruling party is not taking care enough to its opposition wards. People from my home town were hard to believe when I told them that Singapore has no mouse, mosquito because everywhere is so clean and beautiful. They were looking at me with their surprise eyes and some suspicious on my words. I shared them my experience in oversea when I return home for visit. But the house I stayed for over 1 year do not worth to follow Singapore standard. But it's really happen to this city state and don't know who will take care of it to rid of such bad living condition.

The PAP reclaim this area in the May 7 election and hope the ruling party will start to take care this former opposition area. At some places of oppositions are not much different from my country's view. I positively enjoy that because it make me relax in homesick. So I want to laugh when somebody is telling that Singapore is so unique to live in and flawless because of my bitter experience personally not very long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment