Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Am I a good loser?


Being defeated twice for one particular thing is too much for a person who has clear ambition, I think. It's a bitter taste to experience unwanted result in any participation. I have come across countless exam in my life and never failed. I well prepared to get wanted result in advance when I approach a contest. However this time I am completely beaten by a one paragraph paper that bring my application is not successful. As a young couple with a few months old baby, it's been our dream to live together here. No parent would love to let their babies grow up in the hand of others. That's why we tried our luck again in the chase of a permanent status 2 years after our first application was rejected.

In the first time, we were given explanation for unsuccessful by citing shorter resident period and financially instability. That time, we were not much affected as we were just married. But this time, we were upset to see second time reject letter because we hope to get a positive result. We have been here for more than 3 years and our household income is more than average local median family. Moreover we have been a family life and raised our wages within 2 years time. I upgraded my career skill at government link academy. By taking them into consideration, my wife and I thought we'll able to persuade ICA officer to get green this time. For the sake of our daughter's future, we are seriously apply on this blue card. We knew that it's not going to be easy because we submitted our application form just before election period. But we keep to be optimistic. Once I read a news that show some 500 PRs converted to SCs at a ceremony and I was happy by thinking of vacants left by them. I shared my wife that news and we think of a good result in the wake of election.

But exactly 54 days after we submit our application, we received a letter from ICA that bring unwanted result for us. Once I see ICA logo on envelope and letter is so thin, we already understood that it's not a favourable reply. What can we do then? Nothing but accept as there is no room to complain for. It's our destiny. This result bring our life further apart to live together as a complete family life. We are desperate to live together with our daughter. In realistic, we can't bring her in without being PRs. On the other hand, we can't resist to lose a job here so that we all go back our country and live together with our very own daughter. That's life. It goes as it is. We have to adapt it. We have to adjust our lives so that it can be a good life. In real life, we can't be winner at all time. Sometime we win and lose in another time. Let it be happen and we have to make sure that our ambition won't disappear due to certain temporary failure. We'll try to keep going and win some day in the future.

At the moment, we have to try to accept sudden loses with dignity if possible. Thanks ICA for making our life tough and we hope we can take a good lesson on it. We'll come back to you again when the right time surfaced. What I can say to you for sure is "we'll never surrender easily". This time you are on the driving seat and who else can surely say we'll never be on your seat in the future time?. But our attitude won't be swayed due to your decision on our latest attempt. We'll be happy to contribute your country's moving forward and will integrate as a fraction part of efforts. Hopefully we all would be recognized by your people sooner or later in future. I will remind myself repeatedly that

Tomorrow will never ever die.

No comments:

Post a Comment