Thursday, May 5, 2011

My GE 2011 Wish


TODAY is last day for all parties to campaign and they are gearing up to highlight their intention and attract possible voters. The campaigning news has been taken headline news in the various local newspaper. Also candidates are busying with their respective programme to fulfill. I see a lot MPs and MP-elect greeting and distributing their party's brochures to passer by at every MRT station. At 34 years in my life, this is first time to experience such event in my life. Because my country has been ruled by army since we got independent in 1948 January 4. I was born in 1977 and never got a chance to witness such experience in past time.

As my background is like that, I am surprising to see people freely voice out their dislikes to ruling party. I have been working in this island state and noticed that all media are handled by state own companies and media censorship is not much different from other communist countries, I think. So I never thought the ruling party will allow its opposition parties to do like that. All parties are formally allowed to campaign freely after nomination day on April 27. It mean they all have 9 days to battle before entering to polling day. Polling day is due on May 7 which is tomorrow. Being foreigner, we are just onlooker and wonder how Singapore's political landscape is going to change.

As a man from LDC, I rate this government extraordinary one in term of the global position they stand today. Nobody will refuse if I say this country is a successful and developed country. However its people seem still not satisfy with the treatment given by their government. They would argue with me for comparing their state with severely chaos country of mine as they aim highest. At one point, one opposition party told media that "Towards first world parliament". It's up to them if they satisfy on their life or not. For me, it's just strange manner by a few percentage of people. Since PAP ruled this country even before independent as at 1959, today generation should give enough credit to this party because everything they enjoy today is coming from the efforts of first 2 generation whom are belong to PAP.

Without a good government and system, Singapore won't have been here today. Likewise, without a good education, today Singaporean would have been less precious workforce. There is no perfect government in this world. Even US government is not being liken by its people. In fact the more educated people, the more they demand. As MM Lee told, Singapore has no enough talents to set up two parties politic. If his thought is considered right, how come opposition's makeshift candidates has enough quality to hand over power from current leadership? With my tiny brain, I sincerely agree with MM Lee opinion and don't believe on opposition's serial promises on whether they are able to fulfill after they are voted.

To be honest, being foreign worker myself, I am grateful to PAP for letting us working here and standing our side every time against its people's will. No matter how PAP explained to its complained people, they won't satisfy with answer. I feel not welcomed by residents whenever I read their concern. Why can't they think that we are coming here to help them? Why can't they think of positive while the government keep progressive? They should have understood if they are educated well and selfless. I won't say all locals because I have come across very genial residents. So I am sure it won't be fair to locals to say all Singaporean are not fair and not practical. As government continuously ensure you all, we all surely go back home when the time come right.

May PAP win in tomorrow polling by landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment