Monday, May 9, 2011

Water conscious woman 5


I don't know how stingy you are in spending water in your daily life. But I found her extra-ordinarily strange woman. How is it? She never push flushing button after using toilet. But she would pour rain water by hand. It's not bad enough for urine but for solid, it's disgusting for following user. I could tell it because I had experienced such bitter experience during my year long stay there. She used to carry rain water from outside home to toilet room. There are big plastic container in the bath-room. She won't mind to to up rain water by hand.

It's not easy for an old woman like her. But she seem never bother for that if she can save some $ from PUB bill at the end of the month. In fact, sadly, no tenants would love to use rain water when they are showering because the rain water she brought in are usually not fresh. They are cold and dirt in color. To be honest, I pump it out before I take a shower. But I have to do it silently as I don't want to disappoint her. I think everybody would do the same I did. She intentionally disable the shower head not to use as usual. So tenants must use shower host as a water pipe for container and have to shower by manual collecting by plastic cup which is provided by landlord.

Beside that, there is another big plastic container on the kitchen sink. She purposely put there so that tenants can use rain water less or more. Again we pretend to use by the time she is in the kitchen. We used it as a first course followed by tap water for final touch because rain water are not hygienic. There is one piece of clothes attached to a water tap so that people cannot open fully. She allows tenants to use her dishes and tell them not to wash after using as she afraid of wasting water. She used to was dishes on the morning for previous whole day usage. She would put all used dishes in the rain water plastic container one after another and use minimum tap water. She is really incredible when it concern to water. If LKY water prize has a category of water consumer price, I am sure she is the one to take the price. It's not funny. I am serious, my friend. To be optimistic, I at least learnt something special from her during my stay.

Thanks Aunty for showing us the way to save our world....You are really environmental friendly woman and I respect you in the prospect of this.. The Singapore government might have happy and want its people to follow your step if there is a way ..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment