Sunday, May 8, 2011

Congratulation PAP


SINGAPORE's unique generation election has finally finished on last Saturday. I am interestingly reading the local news and situation of campaign despite I have no right to vote. But I don't think that it is non of my business because I am currently working in this country. Changing government can effectively lead to change existing policies that favor foreign workers. That's why it's indirectly concern to me as a foreign worker. I am not a political analyst and try to understand it by reading various news and comments done by experts and locals. It's really interesting me to keep guessing the result. I watched local channel TV as well as read newspaper and internet. The more comprehensive news I read, the more worry happening to me for PAP because I could able to sense the concern of ruling party's MPs. Their sound seems mixing emotion and lacking some confident in competing opposition candidate in their respective wards especially on the area strongly held by opposition parties.

The hottest area became Aljunied and Marine parade. The PAP fielded strong member candidates to compete at that areas and the result come out win-lose situation. PAP lost 5 members GRC Aljunied ward and able to maintained Marine parade area by SM Goh. I thought NSP could able to topple the existing GRC members at the marine parade area because their star attraction, 24 years old, Nicole Seah has done well in campaign and she is magnet among voters. No wonder they lost by a considerable margin in that area despite they are new comers. It's alarming result for ruling party and hope this GE2011 able to show the weakpoint of ruling party so they can win vote in next election.

The static showed that PAP won 60.1% of total eligible voters and the remaining 40% vote went to opposite direction. It means nearly half people don't like ruling party and it's bitter taste for ruling party to learn, I believe. At worse, PAP lost its foreign minster being defeated by WP at Aljunied GRC. I don't think WP have an equal quality that PAP can offer in realistic. But we have to respect people's choice. Let people enjoy different taste for next five years so that they can realize the different. The time is ever changing and so does people's will. It's inevitable.

Being foreign worker myself, I'm pleased to see PAP won this latest election by 81 seats of 87 seats available in parliament. It's overwhelming result as a general. PAP lost Aljunied but they pull back Potong Pasir which is formerly opposition ward. Despite winning back ward is single seat, it's positive result and PAP should proud of this. I don't really understand duties and responsible of elected party to fulfill their promises during campaign. But it's interesting to learn how will it go during next 5 years under WP. Luckily I'm working in a local SMEs which is located in the Aljunied area and it's going to be easy to experience without much effort.

Congratulation PAP for winning last term and wish you able to find a suitable replacement for losing candidates and pull out the best of WP since you all are servants of this unique country. We'll gladly make ourselves to contribute your country as long as you all need us in progressing and moving forward together with you. We all really faith in your ability to move forward with the best of PAP's endeavour.

Have a great another 5 years PAP as you deserve to manipulate this tiny land.

No comments:

Post a Comment