Monday, May 30, 2011

RSAF Thought


RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) boasted its latest acquisitions to public on last Saturday and Sunday. They called it RSAF Open House. I went there as I'm interested in seeing latest technologies gadgets. It's amazing to witness the real warplanes, fighters, helicopters as well as missiles. In my country, those kind of things are untouchable and even considered secret weapons as public are never ever allowed to access. So I full took this chance to taste multi-million dollar world's most advanced fighter. The fighter that greet incoming public are their latest acquisition so called F16SG. Since SG refer to Singapore, the fighter seem customized for client by US Army.

I'm not in the field of Army nor aeronautical engineering graduate. But I could able to sense them and appreciate the way they introduce. I was amazed by their displays and persuading of new recruitment. It should be the way to attract younger generation like that. Public seems enjoy on the display and enforce their child to join such advanced army if they wanted to. I'm not doubt attracting younger people is major part of organizing this part. The show didn't end by just displaying its assorted airplanes. There are aerial display twice a day at 9:00am and 4:30pm. They showed how their soldiers have been trained to defense their skies and make sure their public's reliance. The fighting spirits of real show is peak of the display and people are eagerly awaited that time. The moderator/announcer create noisy environment and make the show more attractive.

I was really impressive upon their performance. It include parachuting by 6 soldiers, 4 fighters demonstration of bombing, Apache helicopter's war activities, Chino's performance, and how the ground based mobiles and aerial based planes communicate in the peak of war time. It really interest people and I'm sure less or more younger people will dream of doing the same despite it's hard to become a pilot. Nevertheless anybody can be part of that team. Once I return, I saw a philosophy of RSAF at the queuing building. What's that?

"World class people; first class technology"

No comments:

Post a Comment