Monday, May 28, 2012

Why we're still favorite?

I and my wife have been working in republic for more than 4 years in a row. Luckily, we both are able to work at office despite we are immigrant workers. Recently, my wife needed to work in site for temporary basis in order to capture variation work as the project begins now. The project is quite far away from our flat, approximately take about 2 hours to reach site office from home. She needs to leave home earlier and come back later than me. A week after she start working at site office, she got problem this morning. I got a call from her this morning. I was shocked to learn that she has been fallen down to MRT floor and got helps this time from SMRT staff to bring her out of underground. She was stuck in metro line way to work. It's not first time for her to experience like that. First time was happened to her when she was in one month pregnancy. That time, nobody helped her lying on the floor and I needed to rush to pitch her and send her nearby hospital. Thus, I am so concern when I got a similar call this morning. She stops SMRT staff to call ambulance car in order to avoid complicated process. She tried to settle herself while MRT staff watch on. She was brought up by wheel-chair by SMRT staff this time. Few minutes later, she continue her journey to the site office.

As we have experience the same, I asked her to take MC and return home. She refuse with me to do so and continue her journey. I give her frequent calls so that I could able to know updated condition. I know her attitude well and don't try to stop her wills. Fortunately, she is able to work for light duties. No wonder employers are favoring foreign workers ahead of fellow citizens due to certain reasons. There have been a lot restrictions, rules and regulations to discourage them to do so. They try to overcome those unwanted blocks in keeping employ FTs. Today incidents perhaps partly answer why employers keep employing foreign workers and PAP open the door for immigrants. What if my wife is a Singaporean. Definitely it is a MC. Thanks SMRT staffs for your kind assistance to passenger regardless of nationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment